Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st November 2011, 17:24   #1
Mark D

Rover 75 SE Club Tourer

Angry door open warning light

hello again.wonder if anybody could shed some light on to my problem,its driving me,my wife and the niegbours mad!!!the door warning light and interior lights come on when im driving,the interior lights come on as if the doors open when its parked on up(draining the battery) and the alarm starts..so i cant lock the car up..help me please,im beginning to regret buying this car off good old dad...
Mark D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 17:29   #2
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Are you sure it is not the bonnet ? the rubber surround is a huge problem in this regards, also easy to fix though. Unsually comes on around 70MPH.

The rear window on the tourer also gives trouble, when my alarm will not set, it is the first thing I check.

Craig
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 17:33   #3
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Hiya Mark, i had a similar fault a while ago, it was damp on the bcu above the fusebox. i cleaned the connections then insulated the bcu with bubble wrap. hth

Eric
scouseeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 17:39   #4
Mark D

Rover 75 SE Club Tourer

i didnt think the interior lights would come on if its the bonnet..ive not used the car today as my wifes bin off work so ive used hers and nt driven mine at speed yet.the alarm sets but goes off straight away..thanks craig.
Old 21st November 2011, 17:42   #5
Mark D

Rover 75 SE Club Tourer

pardon my ingornce scouceeric but wats a bcu and where is it???im no mechanic mate..
Old 21st November 2011, 17:47   #6
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

I had exactly the same symptoms - it was the bonnet switch. I had been over enthusiastic with a power washer and got damp in it. I took off the rubber cover, dried it all out with a heat gun (on low heat), reassembled, and it has been OK ever since. Mine is a saloon so I have no idea if the Tourer tailgate causes the same issues - so might be an idea to check both.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 17:53   #7
tricia1470
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

I had this not long ago, if you hold the interior light button in for around 30 secs it will disable the function and wont drain the battery, i ended up WD40'ing every part of my drivers door (as that was my cuprit) but found I had to manually lock all the doors after disabling the battery for 3 days (i think) til it settled and the WD40 work'd

Unsure how you would fix your bonnet but i think some-one else had the same issue so u may want to search

Hope it doesnt take too long to fix
Tricia
Old 21st November 2011, 18:16   #8
Mark D

Rover 75 SE Club Tourer

thank you tricia1470..just disabled my interior lights...that was my main concern,going out to work in the morning and the battery flat..it b ok unlocked at work thru the day and on the drive at home on a nite!!!!!!its every week somethings going array wth the car!!!
Old 21st November 2011, 18:16   #9
aos
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer ConnSE cdti

I can get the light on in my car when all the doors etc are shut properly. To get the light out I open and firmly close the glass hatch on the tailgate.
I'm in there all the time, so I assume the switch ain't what it used to be. Hope this helps.
aos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 18:22   #10
tricia1470
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Have you found out which door it is that is causing this yet? you say the light comes on when driving, I had this too and it pointed out which door was the culprit, mine was the drivers door

Believe me though the guys/gals on here are fabby and the car is SOOOOO worth all the wee niggles

Last edited by tricia1470; 21st November 2011 at 18:42.. Reason: missed a bit
tricia1470 is offline   Reply With Quote