Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd February 2011, 03:01   #1
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default Severe Earthquake Hits Christchurch N.Z. Again.

Whilst out this morning, a news flash informed us in Australia that Christchurch, New Zealand has been hit by an earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter scale. All ambulances in Christchurch are reported to be utilized as authorities speak of "multiple fatalities" and other cities on the N.Z. South Island are being rushed to Christchurch. Hospitals in other centres are being cleared for possible admissions. Further report states that the historic cathedral has suffered severe damage including the loss of its spire. One building has pancaked its four storeys and 30 or more people are within the rubble.

I am sure that we are all praying that our Kiwi friends have been spared any injuries, and our concern and hope goes out to all those entrapped in this calamity. A journalists description was that it is like a major battlefield. As would be expected essential services are in a mess.

egremont.

Last edited by egremont; 22nd February 2011 at 03:43.. Reason: Correction.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 03:28   #2
egremont
Loves to post

Default Some more photos of the Christchurch earthquake.

Some more photos of the quake.

Old 22nd February 2011, 03:36   #3
egremont
Loves to post

Default Another photo.

Old 22nd February 2011, 04:41   #4
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

What the hell is going on down that part of the world??

Quakes
Floods
Fires
Tornado's

What a mess.

Really hope casualties are minimal but looking at some of the photos & on the TV news, looks like there will be quite a few.

Poor souls.
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:33   #5
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

It is terrible, and so soon after the other quake. I know that our thoughts will be with our friends, and in some cases family, in New Zealand. I hope that the UK Government will assist in some way - and spend our money helping a country that has been an utterly loyal friend to the United Kingdom over the years.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:49   #6
Reebmit
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Con SE CDTi, 205 GTi 1.9 (x 2), 205 CTi 1.9, 205 GTi Mi16, Ford C-Max 2.0 TDCi Ghia, MR2 GT

I have a lot of family in Christchurch/NZ, have emailed them to see if all is okay, will Skype later.

So sad for the poor families of those that have passed, my thoughts are with them. It just shows that we just never know whats round the corner, although its hard at times we really must try and get on and enjoy life..

Reebmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 00:37   #7
Roger1
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.5 Tourer; 2022 MG HS; 2021 MG ZST

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by egremont View Post
Whilst out this morning, a news flash informed us in Australia that Christchurch, New Zealand has been hit by an earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter scale. All ambulances in Christchurch are reported to be utilized as authorities speak of "multiple fatalities" and other cities on the N.Z. South Island are being rushed to Christchurch. Hospitals in other centres are being cleared for possible admissions. Further report states that the historic cathedral has suffered severe damage including the loss of its spire. One building has pancaked its four storeys and 30 or more people are within the rubble.

I am sure that we are all praying that our Kiwi friends have been spared any injuries, and our concern and hope goes out to all those entrapped in this calamity. A journalists description was that it is like a major battlefield. As would be expected essential services are in a mess.

egremont.

/22/2197391/quake41-600x400.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]
Still in one piece here, but only just. The poor old city is a total mess in many parts, although some suburbs have hardly any damage. The death toll now sits at 113 and is expected to reach 350. This will be New Zealand's worst disaster I think. Many countries have sent aid and rescue teams, so far Australia, Japan, UK, Taiwan and USA. I think there's another too, but don't remember where. My Rover is OK, suffering only minor scratches when things hit her in the garage. The house is in a bad way, with lots of smashed contents, windows, and cracked walls etc, but at least we're alive. No power, landlines or water in this part of town - all stuffed. Luckily we have a deep bore for water and a generator to keep the fridge and freezer going.

We have lost one friend so far that we know of.

Your thoughts are prayers are appreciated. I think we need them!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 01:12   #8
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

My wishes and thoughts to all those effected in the region and I hope you and your loved ones are safe.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 02:32   #9
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

My heart goes out to you Roger and your family. May you stay strong and get back on your feet again.
Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 05:58   #10
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

My very best wishes go out to all concerned and hope things will improve very soon. So sad to see the pictures of the damage and hear of the Loss of life.
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote