Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th September 2010, 10:41   #1
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 135 CDTI+ Auto Royal Blue with Synergy 2. 75 Tourer cdti club Se Auto, Royal Blue, synergy 2

Default Dash Trim Removal Help

Hi All,

I'm going to be removing and then refitting my zt dash trim sometime in the next week. Can anyone give me any tips or tricks and tell me what tools are needed for removing the passenger airbag cover trim and the large trim around the airvents and clock etc.

I have managed to get hold of some matching blue alcantara cheaply, its a perfect match for my seats and want to cover the dash trim as a couple of others have done on the forum.

chrislloydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:29   #2
simdel1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi, Porsche 944 Lux, MGF

You will need a T20 bit to take the air bag cover off (a torx bit with a hole through the middle). The drivers side panel will come off if you just start pulling it from the right hand side. The passenger vent panel will pry off from the bottom right hand corner.

When replacing, the passenger vent is fairly simple and the airbag cover just needs to be screwed on and pushed back in place, but the drivers side panel is a bit tricky. Get the left had edge located first (you may need to give it a bit of a shove to get the white bracket to locate) and push the rest of the dash in. You may need to use some screwdrivers/paint scrapers to line some of the metal clips up with the dash to allow it to push back on.

Hope that helps. There are also number of other tutorials on this site. search for 'dash removal' or similar.

The Simdel1 Fleet:
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/447/sigmgf.png
simdel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 18:17   #3
baconbuttyman
Banned

also dont forget a piece of card board to protect the dash if you need to prize the trim off, but must admit, i managed to get them off with my fingers
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote