Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th January 2010, 17:57   #1
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

2000 (W) Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (manual)

Default Transponder chip

After buying two key blanks from Fleebay, I wondered if it was possible to buy new Valeo (or similar) chips to be programmed and go into the keys.

I have spent the best part of the day looking on 'tinternet but can't find anything, any members have any ideas or experience????

"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"
loz1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 18:02   #2
Departed
Retired

--

The Chips in the keys are philps PCFxxx (can't remember the number).

You can buy them, and with the right tools you can program them.

Problem is getting the data to know what to program into them. And that while allegedly possible, is far from easy.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 17:55   #3
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

Any idea where to buy them?? programming isn't a problem, Timpsons in Truro can do it and so can a company in St.Austell

Old 11th January 2010, 18:15   #4
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

You will find it almost impossible to program to match car system without the correct keys/Chips supplied and programmed on a T4 to match car registration etc.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 18:29   #5
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

The company in St.Austell (Bosch service centre) has already cut and programmed a key for my car, which unlocks and starts the car fine so why should it be harder to programme another blank transponder that I have bought??

Old 11th January 2010, 19:04   #6
Departed
Retired

--

There is a tool that claims to be able to do this. Maybe they have one. However if so, I would expect them to be able to get the transponder chips too.

However I have one question. Did they copy a key, or did they connect something to the car? If they copied a key, does the one they copied still work as well as your new one? I ask because the whole system uses a rolling code, and I'd expect one of the two clones to go out of sync and stop working.

Maybe your not sure, but it's worth asking.

Timpson claimed that they could clone my key using a machine they have, but I'm skeptical as I reckon it would hit the rolling code problem.
Old 11th January 2010, 19:07   #7
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by loz1971 View Post
The company in St.Austell (Bosch service centre) has already cut and programmed a key for my car, which unlocks and starts the car fine so why should it be harder to programme another blank transponder that I have bought??
I would like a £1 for every thread I have seen about this since the club started, more dead ends, than a council ashtray.
Nobody has managed to produce a fully functioning key yet, despite every advert to the contrary on E.bay and from key cutters, programmers etc.
You are going up the same dead end that dozens have gone up. I wish you luck, if you succeed, as it will save a lot of people money, but think you may be wasting a lot of time chasing a rainbow Dave

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 19:09   #8
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

Both keys work, they put them both in a box together and the original code was copied onto the new key from the old one. Timpsons also said they could do it, but they could no longer get the key blanks, and then they sent me to the garage in St. Austell.

My chip was definitely Valeo though, not Phillips, and they didn't say anything about a "rolling code"

Old 11th January 2010, 19:14   #9
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Goody View Post
I would like a £1 for every thread I have seen about this since the club started, more dead ends, than a council ashtray.
Nobody has managed to produce a fully functioning key yet, despite every advert to the contrary on E.bay and from key cutters, programmers etc.
You are going up the same dead end that dozens have gone up. I wish you luck, if you succeed, as it will save a lot of people money, but think you may be wasting a lot of time chasing a rainbow Dave

I don't want a fully functioning key, I already have one!! and I also already have a spare key cut and programmed by a company in St. Austell as an emergency, but having bought 2 blank keys off Fleebay without transponder chips installed, and just wanted to know if you could buy them anywhere so that I can go back to the garage in St. Austell and get them programmed!!

Old 11th January 2010, 19:25   #10
Departed
Retired

--

I'm beginning to hate the site tonight. Typed a reply and it's lost. So here we go again.

Did the chip look like this?

You can see the Philips marking. Maybe Valeo got philips to brand some for them. PCF7930AS.

I don't understand your reply about a fully functioning key. If it unlocks the car and starts it, surely it's fully functioning?

I'll admit I'm skeptical about claims, but if you say you have one working, I'm interested, especially if it can be done by cloning. That's why I'm asking what they did. Information on how the EWS operates is scarce as you'd expect.

Edit:

can you give us the name of the St Austell company in case they have a website with info on the HW/SW they use?

And doesn't the ebay seller also have blank transponders?

Last edited by Departed; 11th January 2010 at 19:28..