Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st August 2018, 07:27   #1
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts
Arrow **Worth more in parts and time to move on**

Good morning club members

I have been on this forum since Feb 2010. I will still visit this forum as I have met some really cool people and have had much help on this club.

As you may know my car is in the Members Cars For Sale section.

I wonder if the mods would do me the courtesy of leaving this thread up until the end of Sunday as I have payed Full Membership since joining.

As you may know I have bought another car.

£1400 ovno now secures this car paid directly into my bank account https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...11&postcount=1

Its a lot of car for this and I will be sad to see it go. It is probably worth more in parts.

Not going to renew the Tax and will put it sorn today.

I need it gone asap and would like to keep it related to this forum in one way or another.

I need to transfer the number plate which I will do today

Runs well and could ideally do with another clutch at some point (as I ride with my foot on the clutch. No need to worry about that now as my new car is automatic) and the passengers side lock wheel nut removed and a little bit of T-cut.

It comes with a few spare parts some new.

I will still keep on as a member here until my membership runs out in Feb 2019 and will continue to play some part in this forum, so I am contactable

Thanks for all the people who have helped me in the past and people I consider to be good friend without meeting most of them from this club

My last trip with the 'old girl' to the coast was really memorable and fun and will stay with me forever.

What can I say?

Its been a real blast and I would have never thought I would have had the chance to own one of these cars if you would have told me back in 2009.

Its been fun
Take good care of yourselves.

As ever and with respect, Jay.

Last edited by Jay; 31st August 2018 at 07:32..
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2018, 07:58   #2
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Don't be a stranger Jay - my Rover went back in January 2016 - but like you, there's a number of members who I like to keep in touch with and I still find myself having a look in (at least) most mornings of the week

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2018, 12:20   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

You kept that quiet Jay!!

Were you not tempted with the V8 version 🤟
Old 31st August 2018, 12:49   #4
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Don't be a stranger Jay - my Rover went back in January 2016 - but like you, there's a number of members who I like to keep in touch with and I still find myself having a look in (at least) most mornings of the week
I won't Rod. This forum used to be my stable diet every morning of the week. When times were hard it was this club that kept me going into a routine and feeling a part of things. I will never forget that or disappear from this club. It just means My name will appear in blue for the first time of joining since Feb 2010 when I bought the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
You kept that quiet Jay!!

Were you not tempted with the V8 version 🤟
I didn't know I was buying the 300c until the day after I saw you. I have always wanted one since setting eyes on one like the Rover back in 2009. One happened to come up at the right price in the right place with the right spec and so I thought 'you only live twice Mr Bond' and got it on finance.

I prefer the 75 over the ZT for some reason and the only V8 I wanted to own was the pearlescent one that Jimbo once owned and had up for sale a few years back but at the time I couldn't afford it

I told my father today that I had bought another car and was selling the 75 and he said 'that's a shame, I really liked that car,' and he has little interest in cars. It would have been nice to have heard that from him some time back but he isn't the emotional type lol

I have put aside the thingy you gave me and will now return it to you when we next meet up

I have now decided I will accept twelve hundred for the car Andy, to a member of this club or its going to be sold outside the club when I pick up my new ride next week Its amazing how much you get in toys and performance with our cars in relation to how much they are actually worth nowday's . Just like the 300c will also be in a few years time

Happy days
Old 31st August 2018, 22:56   #5
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

£1,200??!! Oh, if I had £1,200! I know nice 75s can be cheap, but the pedigree and mods on this scream BUY ME!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2018, 05:11   #6
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Let us know how you get on with the Chrysler, I've always liked the look of them.
All the very best for the future
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2018, 22:39   #7
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanks guys.
I started to jot down one or two things about the car this afternoon for an advert with a higher price.
I ended up with over two A4 columbs of positive selling points 3 hours later.

Just need to present them in order and title it 'This is what you get for your £xxx.' Over 3 hours later and wanted to buy it off myself after reading through it, even though I only have enough room for 1 parking space, ooops!!!
Cheers
Jay

Last edited by Jay; 1st September 2018 at 22:43..
Old 3rd September 2018, 12:08   #8
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Hi Jay,

I hope you get on with the 300c, they seem to be even rarer to spot on the road than the 75s and ZTs.

Here is my one, which I am very pleased with:

Quite a big motor, even compared to the Rover 75 which is not exactly small.
I've just got back from the Lake District this weekend, which was good fun around those stone walled narrow lanes.

Keep the Rover 75, Jay.
We can then set up our own 75&300c Club...……...

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2018, 04:35   #9
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Let us know how you get on with the Chrysler, I've always liked the look of them.
All the very best for the future
Hi Simon et al.

Just to let you know that the Rover 75 has now been sold for those who are interested in this little story

I sold the Rover in part exchange for the Chrysler 300c CRD SE STR Design 3.0 V6 turbo diesel for paltry sum of £700 as I wanted to get from Norwich to North Manchester in record breaking time. I didn't buy the one from Norwich as the colour of dark grey which looked a reddish brown in the sun light was bothering me to have to live with for the money I was spending for the car. See photos of me taking that car for a test drive (Poser ) ~

I had my mind set on a metallic black one from the start and could only find one in the country that ticked all the boxes, hence the move to buy one when the chance arose and here it is (There is only one thing in this picture, American that I like and it isn't the damn burgers) ~

The remap is being done this week which takes the car from 218-275bhp and 510-600Ibs of torque

Over and out

Last edited by Jay; 4th September 2018 at 04:53.. Reason: Change of photo
Old 4th September 2018, 05:52   #10
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

Congratulations looks a stunner. More pictures are always welcome. Good luck with it. You have me looking at them now
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote