Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th January 2018, 12:58   #1
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Default Leak Advice Please

Had a fair amount of snow a while back which left a couple of centimetres covering the car, but as I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon I didn't bother brushing it off and it gradually thawed over the next few days. When I did use the car and opened the boot to load some shopping I found that the area close to the offside rear was sopping wet. I brought the "carpet" indoors to dry it out and mopped up the rest of the water before checking all the usual suspects - light seal and waist trim fasteners etc - but couldn't find anything obvious, so after making sure all was dry I placed some paper towels in the boot. When checking them after the next time it rained I found that only the centre one in the picture was damp, but I couldn't see any evidence of water directly above it.

After checking round a bit more carefully I came across some damage to the bottom corner of the rear window seal as in the picture below. I thorughly cleaned round the area and have temporarily covered it with waterproof tape for the time being and will now have to wait until it rains again to make sure that the seal is indeed the culprit.

Assuming the damaged seal does turn out to be the issue then I suppose I could try and repair it with an appropriate sealant, although ideally I'd rather replace the seal itself. Trouble is I can't track one down anywhere, so other than trying to find one in good condition from a scrappy does anyone know where I might be able to source one?

Cheers

Andrew

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote