Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th September 2017, 21:54   #1
Athorpe
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Locked out

Strange one this,

All 4 doors on my tourer won't open, only the tailgate will

The car interior has been out, new door trims fitted etc. While there I've changed some of the lock actuators and the white plastic clips that hold the rods connecting the door handles to the locks
All seemed set up ok and worked on opening and shutting not

Now the interior is back in, I've connected power back up and tried the locking. The all lock on the key or Button inside, and unlock (pins in corner of door pop up) but none of the doors will open either from the inside or outside handles
Doors opened and shut fine on both inside and outside handles before I locked the car
The only thing I can think of is something to do with adjustment of those plastic clips,

Problem is how to get the doors open, without destroying my new door trims to get access to them or the lock actuators from inside .... And ideas would be appreciated
Athorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 00:18   #2
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Disconnect and reconnect the battery??
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 05:56   #3
Athorpe
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Done, don't think it's electric as it's all 4 doors and the actuators lock and unlock but handles don't work
Old 28th September 2017, 08:20   #4
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Can you remove the door handle and pull the latch to open the door?

Can you actually hear anything moving when you pull the handle? i wonder if the cables have fallen off.
Trying to think how you can open them, seems odd that all 4 have done it though...
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 08:33   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

If you didn't make note of where on the threads the white clips were then this can be the cause. I'm afraid the only way to open the door is to remove the white clip. then the door should open from the inside handle. You can remove the rear door cards with the door closed but it is a pig of a job the fronts you can only remove the rear part of the door card but it is enough to get your hand in.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 08:45   #6
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
If you didn't make note of where on the threads the white clips were then this can be the cause. I'm afraid the only way to open the door is to remove the white clip. then the door should open from the inside handle. You can remove the rear door cards with the door closed but it is a pig of a job the fronts you can only remove the rear part of the door card but it is enough to get your hand in.
That sounds like not so much fun.....
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 09:09   #7
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quick tip for anyone else doing this job; flick the door lock catch closed with a screwdriver or blind punch a few times with the door still open.

Check that the inner and outer door handles, locking button and central locking all work before closing the door.

I do this before the door card goes back on and then again once the door is fully assembled just in case. Far easier to get the door card off with the door open.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 09:41   #8
Athorpe
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Quick tip for anyone else doing this job; flick the door lock catch closed with a screwdriver or blind punch a few times with the door still open.

Check that the inner and outer door handles, locking button and central locking all work before closing the door.

I do this before the door card goes back on and then again once the door is fully assembled just in case. Far easier to get the door card off with the door open.
Did all that only thing I didn't check was the central locking, they all opened and shut, locked fine manually on the buttons on the door and both handles so I thought they were set up ok. Only went wrong once central locking used.... ops

Tonight's job then to get the door cards off and try reach the clips
Old 28th September 2017, 10:04   #9
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Another good idea is once you do find the right position of the white clip on the bar, add a cable tie above the clip & below it, this will keep it in the position it should be and stop it from moving in the future.

Photo's below of said clip albeit not in situ on the car, it will give other members an idea as to which and what you are referring to should it be the clip that is, strange situation as you state you did not change all the actuators.

Therefore why are all of the door not working ? please keep us informed Arctic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC11173.jpg (128.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg SDC11174.jpg (117.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg SDC11175.jpg (130.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg SDC14068.jpg (120.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg SDC14087.jpg (126.2 KB, 35 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 10:13   #10
Athorpe
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

I did adjust the clip positions though as the doors needed a very violent pull to get the to open from outside on the very end of the travel. So looks like I adjusted them to far!