Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd September 2017, 14:16   #1
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Door latch ALR9782A Ordering???

My door is not unlocking on the fob, but is with the key. I'm guessing from searches that the latch/lock is goosed so am looking for someone to confirm the part number as
ALR9782A before I order.

Rimmers have one at £59.99 plus vat and postage. Do we get discount from Rimmers and if so, how do we do that?

There's a new one on ebay at Teesvalley mgrover spares at £79.95 including delivery.

Cheers in advance,
Mike
Old 23rd September 2017, 14:32   #2
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
My door is not unlocking on the fob, but is with the key. I'm guessing from searches that the latch/lock is goosed so am looking for someone to confirm the part number as
ALR9782A before I order.

Rimmers have one at £59.99 plus vat and postage. Do we get discount from Rimmers and if so, how do we do that?

There's a new one on ebay at Teesvalley mgrover spares at £79.95 including delivery.

Cheers in advance,
Mike
Hi, which door is affected, and are the others working as they should?. I take it you mean the central locking is locking all doors with the fob, but fails to unlock one of the doors?. If this is the case, it is the door lock which needs replacing as the actuator motor for unlocking is stopped working.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:24   #3
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Hi, which door is affected, and are the others working as they should?. I take it you mean the central locking is locking all doors with the fob, but fails to unlock one of the doors?. If this is the case, it is the door lock which needs replacing as the actuator motor for unlocking is stopped working.
All doors lock using the fob. When unlocking with the fob, the drivers door does not unlock but the others do. The drivers door can be unlocked using the key in the lock.
Mike
Old 23rd September 2017, 20:01   #4
roverbarmy
This is my second home

I've double and triple checked and have ordered one from Rimmer Brothers. I think that a new one is best as the driver's door is the one which gets most use. I can make sure that there is plenty of lube where necessary before it goes on. I'm prepared for a bad back and knees, bruised and sliced fingers and knuckles and have instructed her indoors to keep well out of earshot whilst work is in progress!!!
I have plenty of clips left over from when I had the door cards off to spray wax the insides of the doors. Onwards and upwards ................. and downwards.......... and sideways! Clunk, click!
Old 23rd September 2017, 20:49   #5
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I've double and triple checked and have ordered one from Rimmer Brothers. I think that a new one is best as the driver's door is the one which gets most use. I can make sure that there is plenty of lube where necessary before it goes on. I'm prepared for a bad back and knees, bruised and sliced fingers and knuckles and have instructed her indoors to keep well out of earshot whilst work is in progress!!!
I have plenty of clips left over from when I had the door cards off to spray wax the insides of the doors. Onwards and upwards ................. and downwards.......... and sideways! Clunk, click!
Replacing the door actuator does not require any kind of lubrication as such, there is a how-to so please do a search the difficulty is withdrawing the unit once it is disconnected. It will need lowering the window and loosening the window attachment bolts to make space, see the how-to.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 07:53   #6
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Replacing the door actuator does not require any kind of lubrication as such, there is a how-to so please do a search the difficulty is withdrawing the unit once it is disconnected. It will need lowering the window and loosening the window attachment bolts to make space, see the how-to.
Thank you for the info. I have replaced a rear one and it appears to be similar, plus an extra rod/linkage or two. Cheers,
Mike