Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd February 2007, 17:20   #1
Simon
Banned

-

Default What is that smell?!

For the past couple of hours here in Lichfield there has been a really bad smell of rotten eggs. It would seem the entire town is affected. Everyone seems to have noticed it and its particularly bad in some areas. It's even bad enough to make you wanna

It's not nice. Really it isn't. I'm back at home now and have made sure all windows and doors are shut. I'm armed with a can of air freshener and a clothes peg just in case...
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:33   #2
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post
For the past couple of hours here in Lichfield there has been a really bad smell of rotten eggs. It would seem the entire town is affected. Everyone seems to have noticed it and its particularly bad in some areas. It's even bad enough to make you wanna

It's not nice. Really it isn't. I'm back at home now and have made sure all windows and doors are shut. I'm armed with a can of air freshener and a clothes peg just in case...

Easy one mate! It is Rugeley power station. When the wind is in the wrong direction you get a sulphur blast! When we lived in Kings Bromley some days we got hit by Rugeley power station and other days by the Burton power station....so much for pure country air!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:36   #3
Simon
Banned

-

I've never know it smell as bad as this... ever.

In all my 26 years living here I've not know the smell to be that bad. Often its fertilizer from nearby fields or occasionally you get strange smells from the animal-feed processing plant across the road. Not known any of these affect the entire town.

By the way, the power station at Burton has been pulled down.... now there's just a big gap.
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:38   #4
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post
I've never know it smell as bad as this... ever.

In all my 26 years living here I've not know the smell to be that bad. Often its fertilizer from nearby fields or occasionally you get strange smells from the animal-feed processing plant across the road. Not known any of these affect the entire town.

By the way, the power station at Burton has been pulled down.... now there's just a big gap.
Oh well...maybe when they finally pull down the Rugeley one too we will move back! Maybe they are having trouble with their anti-pollution equipment again?
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:41   #5
Simon
Banned

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Oh well...maybe when they finally pull down the Rugeley one too we will move back! Maybe they are having trouble with their anti-pollution equipment again?
Maybe so... I'll check the local press over the next couple of days to see if there is news to a cause of this pong.
Old 2nd February 2007, 19:27   #6
BMC123
Posted a thing or two

2004 1.8 Connoisseur SE, 1999 XJ8

My dear old great aunt lived in a lovely old house right beside a graveyard, that was not a problem as such, but they only went and built a HUGE water board sewage treatment plant across the road. and on certain days it hummed I can tell you.
Old 2nd February 2007, 20:14   #7
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

I deny ALL responsibility! It didn't hum last night when I was there
mach1rob is offline   Reply With Quote