Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2016, 19:27   #1
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Default It looks like TGB may be saved after all.

This afternoon the nephew came up with an idea that would mean that my White Gold Connoisseur would be saved from being broken up. So we will investigate this fully as the thought of breaking her was not a nice one.

I was looking at her this afternoon with the view to start stripping and fitting some parts like the Chrome Bullets to the Classic SE CDT so now the real investigation work begins with the view to saving rather than breaking. The sills are still going to be the biggest issue to deal with.
Old 2nd August 2016, 20:26   #2
Madderz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plezier View Post
This afternoon the nephew came up with an idea that would mean that my White Gold Connoisseur would be saved from being broken up. So we will investigate this fully as the thought of breaking her was not a nice one.

I was looking at her this afternoon with the view to start stripping and fitting some parts like the Chrome Bullets to the Classic SE CDT so now the real investigation work begins with the view to saving rather than breaking. The sills are still going to be the biggest issue to deal with.

I'm glad it's going to be saved, it'd be a shame to loose another one

I'm going to need a sill repairing myself for next years mot, sadly there's no aftermarket pattern part available and a full body side from Rimmer's is a bit much lol
I need to find a friendly parts shop and try to find something with a similar profile!
Madderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:45   #3
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

I understand that Trikey has tackled this repair before so depending on things go and as he is not a million miles away from here it seems like a good idea to have a word with him and see what he says.