Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st January 2013, 15:44   #1
Shaker
Avid contributor

ZT 260 SE, ZT-T 135+, ZT 160+1.8T, ZS180, ZR115+, 07 2.5 Connie SE

Default ZTT Rear Window

Hi, has any one repaired the rear demister on a tourer or ZTT. I've read the posts on replacing the relay and broken wires etc. I've had the wiring checked by two places and there is power as far as the glass! The last to check were my ex MGR dealer and they confirmed that it was the glass where the problem is.
If you look at the glass from the outside, on each side you can make out two circles where I presume terminals are bonded to the glass.I guess one has become detached.
I'm wondering if its possible using a drill for removing spot welds to drill a hole through the metal frame above these terminals and 'stick' the terminal back to the window then make up the connection with silver based electrical paint.
Any thoughts on how possible this would be?

V8.... Everything else is just a toy!!!
Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 16:37   #2
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker View Post
Hi, has any one repaired the rear demister on a tourer or ZTT. I've read the posts on replacing the relay and broken wires etc. I've had the wiring checked by two places and there is power as far as the glass! The last to check were my ex MGR dealer and they confirmed that it was the glass where the problem is.
If you look at the glass from the outside, on each side you can make out two circles where I presume terminals are bonded to the glass.I guess one has become detached.
I'm wondering if its possible using a drill for removing spot welds to drill a hole through the metal frame above these terminals and 'stick' the terminal back to the window then make up the connection with silver based electrical paint.
Any thoughts on how possible this would be?
I would not try that as i think the glass would shatter a lot of the tourer rear heated windows dont work i think mainly its down to they switch on no sooner you start the car its the first thing i do when i get in the car switch it off if not needed.

Check down both sides of the heated window for burning out one or two should make no difference but broken in the middle will make a difference Arctic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC15155.jpg (130.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15164.jpg (128.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15165.jpg (127.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15169.jpg (129.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15183.jpg (123.0 KB, 24 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote