Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th June 2012, 22:38   #1
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Default Lack of power at high altitudes.

I'm currently on holiday in Pinoso in Spain after a very enjoyable three day drive on some great roads, especially the A23 down from Pamplona to Valencia. However as i noticed last year in Andorra the car seems to have a bit of a flat spot once up in the mountains. Even on a level road if you are under 2000 rpm she is flat and unresponsive before taking a gulp of air at just over 2200 rpm and away she goes. I have no problems back home and through France on the way down everything is spot on. Last year i changed the MAF just because it was origional but okay . Other than that no problems. Anyone else ever noticed this on your Euro Trips?
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 00:09   #2
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
I'm currently on holiday in Pinoso in Spain after a very enjoyable three day drive on some great roads, especially the A23 down from Pamplona to Valencia. However as i noticed last year in Andorra the car seems to have a bit of a flat spot once up in the mountains. Even on a level road if you are under 2000 rpm she is flat and unresponsive before taking a gulp of air at just over 2200 rpm and away she goes. I have no problems back home and through France on the way down everything is spot on. Last year i changed the MAF just because it was origional but okay . Other than that no problems. Anyone else ever noticed this on your Euro Trips?
Thinner air; the higher the altitude the lower the Oxygen levels. I had a lack of power too once; never experienced it before; just got out of the camper -having slept all the way there- and was really breathless for a minute or so. I think a recent Top Gear Challenge covered this too!

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 00:24   #3
carcass
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDTi sportpack "anniversary edition"

my original maf died on me on a trip to Serra da Estrela, (mountain ~2000m, highest point on Continental Portugal) at approx.. 1500-1700m, the symptoms were as you described!

carcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 09:20   #4
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

I thought that the MAF was to compensate for the altitude amongst other things. I remember years ago following a diesel Sherpa up the passes towards Andorra and it crawled at a snails pace whilsts belching black smoke from it's exhaust . Judging at the the slow pace of the other diesel cars here i'll just have to sit back and go with the flow then
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 09:35   #5
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

It's the role of the boost pressure sensor to compensate for altitude.

Situated on the inlet manifold
FrenchMike is offline   Reply With Quote