Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th February 2012, 22:36   #1
James_Death
Gets stuck in

EX.2001 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.0, CDT,155 Brake, BRG

Default Arcan Trolley Jack Review

These have been in and out and up and down ( a bit like the jack itself...:lol: Stop Groaning...:lol in Price in Different stores.

Well the box is rather Large not surprising with the size of the Lift...:doublesho

Open the box by cutting the 2 heat sealed straps lift the box lid off to reveal 2 parts to the handle that simply clips to gether.
Remove the Jack from the Bit of packing there is...
Has a central bar to help carry it as well as the 2 side handles.
Although its aluminium the size over a standard jack negates the weight saving... however this style of jack compared to the metal of the same size im sure would be a hefty difference.

The handle drops into the opening for it going over the lift and lower valve and has a spin lock wheel to screw in at the back of the jack to hold the handle firmly in place.

Before inserting the handle there is just a bent metal clip to remove that is simply there to secure the lift arm while in transit will need a bit of a yank to get it out but needs must...:lol:

Unlike the normal cheap hydraulic jacks that have a valve on the side to lower or raise the Jack... These style have the valve actually activated by the turning of the handle.

A little disconcerting, for me anyway having not used this type before i was fearful of turning the Handle and lowering the lift.

However my concern was unfounded as even if you do inadvertently turn it you move about 20/25 degrease before it even starts to really catch to open if that makes sense and then another 15 or so until the valve is open enough for it to actually start falling.

Having used it a little now at no point did i open the valve accidentally.

So the Height while lowered at the lift plate end on my Old one is...120mm
The Height while lowered at the lift plate on the Arcan is....90mm to round up.

Now the old style takes 39 full strokes to get to full height of 345mm... not always possible to get full stroke dependent how far under the vehicle you are mind.

The Arcan takes 5 full strokes and not even that i made it 4.5 at which point i was full height, note all these are without a load on.
Giving a total height of 500mm.... I would love 600 or even 750mm... but still a good deal more over the old one there...:thumb:

Dimensions on the box...

In action...

So in conclusion a very sturdy piece of kit not light if you compare to the old style lifts... But certainly lighter than its metal compatriots of the same size...:thumb:

Has a long reach under the car...:thumb:

Lifts fast and easily....:thumb:

Seams a sturdy piece of kit...:thumb:

Low lift height for when needed but also few strokes to get to contact height should you have a distance to reach before contact...:thumb:
James_Death is offline   Reply With Quote