Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th July 2009, 20:18   #11
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

No such thing as a dumb question on here

Absolutely almost certainly not fitted but how to tell is to take the mirror off and it will have two wiring connections as opposed to one.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 20:19   #12
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimster View Post
Probably a dumb question but how do you know if you have power fold mirrors fitted but not wired up or is this not likely....
unless someone bought them in error, factory fit option only
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 08:32   #13
Rover418275
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimster View Post
Probably a dumb question but how do you know if you have power fold mirrors fitted but not wired up or is this not likely....
Powerfold mirrors were an option therefore were not fitted unless specified. Also under Project Drive and other cost cutting measures Rover did not fit a fully 'kitted' wiring loom to all cars. My vehicle lacks numerous bits of wiring for those little extra goodies. My vehicle does not have any wiring to the window switch pack for the powerfold option.
Rover418275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 11:30   #14
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Hi guys.

A quick question if I may about the wiring itself. About to make a start on my Dad's motor and have been to Halfords for some wire. Have bought some 5amp/60wattmax twin cable. Anyone know whether this will be man enough?

Thanks.
Ben
Typhoon190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 20:50   #15
billcoleman
Gets stuck in

MGZT-T

Can someone give me a link to the thread on wiring powerfolds please. I already have the drivers mirror and the switch pack - just need the passenger mirror to complete the set and then install them.

Bill C
billcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 21:21   #16
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcoleman View Post
Can someone give me a link to the thread on wiring powerfolds please. I already have the drivers mirror and the switch pack - just need the passenger mirror to complete the set and then install them.

Bill C
Basically (as far as I understand it) two wires run from the un populated connectors in the black connector block for the drivers window switch pack to the mirrors ( two colours to each mirror).

Power is supplied via the swicth pack.

Have had a go doing this today and haven't done too well. Got the mirrors on the car and checked operation, all going ok.

Getting wires through the car and out the doors ....... in pretty much that order.

Only managed to get the wire through the drivers door from the car , mainly due to not having the length of wire stated on the obviously previously opened real. Not happy.
Typhoon190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 00:39   #17
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

How to wire powerfolds:

Check for the wiring being in place both to the drivers door switch pack and to the connectors of the door wiring/ main loom as described in the details below it will save you a load of grief if at least some of it is there.

Remove both door cards and fit powerfold mirrors.

Run a orange 0.5mm cable from connector C0066 pin 4 (powerfold switch plug) long enough to reach connector C0336 pin 14 (drivers side "A" pillar behind the rubber wiring protector to the door) which may be vacant if the wiring isn't there.

Run a orange/red 0.5mm cable from connector C0066 pin 3 (powerfold switch plug) long enough to reach connector C0336 pin 15 which if the wiring isn't present will also be vacant.

At a suitable point both these cables are joined with a shorter length of the appropriate coloured wire that will go to the drivers mirror connection cavity 1= orange, cavity 2 = orange red.

Have fun trying to get the cables fed through the door and rubber wiring protector.

If you are lucky the opposite pins of connectors 14 and 15 of connector C0336 in blue connector C0459 that it plugs into will be already wired, if not run appropriate coloured wires across to the passenger "A" pillar to similar blue connector C0463 this time its pin 8 = orange and pin 9 = orange/red.

In the opposite plug of this connection in connector C0322 pin 8 orange, pin 9 orange/red, run the cables to the passanger door mirror connection noting that this time pin 1 is orange/red, pin 2 is orange.(the opposite way round, this is important )

Of course the appropriate pins would have to be sourced for any missing from the connector blocks. but doing it this way rather than just running two wires means that if you need to remove a door for any reason it can be done normally without having to cut the wiring.

Not forgetting that wiring up the mirrors causes lots of cursing and swearing grazed knuckles and frayed nerves trying to thread the wires through.

Note. The wiring colours I've used in the description are the original colours and missing cables can be substituted for any colours you wish.

Temporarily fit switch and test operation of the mirrors if all is working well, re-fit the doorcards and enjoy

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.

Last edited by BigRuss; 9th August 2009 at 10:36.. Reason: grammer
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 11:31   #18
Rover418275
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
How to wire powerfolds:

Check for the wiring being in place both to the drivers door switch pack and to the connectors of the door wiring/ main loom as described in the details below it will save you a load of grief if at least some of it is there.

Remove both door cards and fit powerfold mirrors.

Run a orange 0.5mm cable from connector C0066 pin 4 (powerfold switch plug) long enough to reach connector C0336 pin 14 (drivers side "A" pillar behind the rubber wiring protector to the door) which may be vacant if the wiring isn't there.

Run a orange/red 0.5mm cable from connector C0066 pin 3 (powerfold switch plug) long enough to reach connector C0336 pin 15 which if the wiring isn't present will also be vacant.

At a suitable point both these cables are joined with a shorter length of the appropriate coloured wire that will go to the drivers mirror connection cavity 1= orange, cavity 2 = orange red.

Have fun trying to get the cables fed through the door and rubber wiring protector.

If you are lucky the opposite pins of connectors 14 and 15 of connector C0336 in blue connector C0459 that it plugs into will be already wired, if not run appropriate coloured wires across to the passenger "A" pillar to similar blue connector C0463 this time its pin 8 = orange and pin 9 = orange/red.

In the opposite plug of this connection in connector C0322 pin 8 orange, pin 9 orange/red, run the cables to the passanger door mirror connection noting that this time pin 1 is orange/red, pin 2 is orange.(the opposite way round, this is important )

Of course the appropriate pins would have to be sourced for any missing from the connector blocks. but doing it this way rather than just running two wires means that if you need to remove a door for any reason it can be done normally without having to cut the wiring.

Not forgetting that wiring up the mirrors causes lots of cursing and swearing grazed knuckles and frayed nerves trying to thread the wires through.

Note. The wiring colours I've used in the description are the original colours and missing cables can be substituted for any colours you wish.

Temporarily fit switch and test operation of the mirrors if all is working well, re-fit the doorcards and enjoy

Russ
Am having powerfolds fitted this Sunday (Nano-meeting Wolverhampton) with the help of Raistlin and others. I will take loads of pictures and perhaps these could be linked with your info above to form a 'HowTo' for the benefit of others.

Cheers

Mike
Rover418275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 12:45   #19
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

I have another - probably daft - question! I've parked my Facelift V8 without powerfolds
next to a friends Facelift CDTi with powerfolds. Looking closely at the mirrors themselves, both sets of mirrors appear absolutely identical, even (unless my eyes fail me) down to the part numbers moulded in underneath. On late model cars, there's no chance the same mirror, with the mechanism for powerfolding built in, was used even though it was not connected? I've checked the switch pack and my car does not have the sockets populated with pins/cable, so I know that's different, but I can't see any difference in the mirrors.
Old 4th September 2009, 13:10   #20
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Underneath the stanchion is a little black cover. If you pop it off and have a peek you should be able to tell if the mirror is a powerfold. If it is it'll have the blue & yellow wires shown below. If they aren't there, it's not a powerfold.

(NB. This pic is a powerfold unbolted from the stanchion - but it shows where the blue & yellow wires are)

Simon W is offline   Reply With Quote