Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th June 2024, 19:36   #11
Devilish
This is my second home

75 Tourer

The silencer is a EuroFlo EXRR6058 + Band

Got it from RSJ motors in Bilston, close enough for me to pick it up to make sure it had a cradle/band.

Not certain but I think I got the oversize pipe one from Eurocaparts, I think it was a Klarius, but it had welded on hanger arms

Last edited by Devilish; 28th June 2024 at 19:39..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2024, 08:55   #12
Devilish
This is my second home

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
mot fail list should detail ... Maybe your post devilish has sent him down the local for a swift 6 or 7 pints ...
.........lol.........
Old 29th June 2024, 09:39   #13
Devilish
This is my second home

75 Tourer

When you said "they were done" did you DIY, if you have not done them before and are solo, the following may make it a little easier and quicker.
If there is any rust on the wheel arch, clean and coat with Hammerite smooth/underbody, if underbody is used do not slap it on, and do not get any in the hole.
Removal
Take the strain of the suspension using your factory screw jack under the hub, jack it up about 5-10mm, crack the lower bolt, remove the top mount bolts, lower the jack and it will pull the mount out for you,
Refitting.
Rub washing up liquid around the inside of the rubber dust cap to prevent the top mount from pushing the cap out, when the mount is a few mm form the body, go inside and make sure the dust cap is still seated
My preferred method is to insert the lower bolt first, using the screw jack and a screwdriver as a a handle, you can guide the shock with one hand and raise the hub with the other.
If a centre bolt is rusted and you only have a hex key that wants to twist, put the key in a vice with about 1" sticking up, invert the shock and lower it onto the key.
WD40 is good for general use, but if you want something just to crack nuts & bolts.
Nornfest Super Crack Ultra is the best thing I have ever used, and it does not drip everywhere.
Old 29th June 2024, 18:04   #14
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
The silencer is a EuroFlo EXRR6058 + Band

Got it from RSJ motors in Bilston, close enough for me to pick it up to make sure it had a cradle/band.

Not certain but I think I got the oversize pipe one from Eurocaparts, I think it was a Klarius, but it had welded on hanger arms
Thanks for posting this information,can I ask you is this a quality and quiet exhaust and is it of a similar dimensions to the original clam type?
Finally can I use the original type two-part metal hanging system, and if pipe is cut to fit the original what kind of sleeve would you need?
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote