Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th July 2023, 19:24   #11
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

I keep seeing Lanogard adverts all the while popping up on the internet.Ive even looked it up on YouTube,and it looks amazingly simple and user friendly to use..How effective it is I wouldn't know.
It maybe worth a serious consideration
Old 13th July 2023, 20:45   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi John. As you know I use Waxoyle. I open the can lid, and put the tin in a boiling hot container of water for around half an hour. By this time the Waxoyle is very thin and does not clog up the sprayer. You can spray anywhere you like and cover a large area, or a small area as you wish. I did an experiment about 40 years ago with two pieces of metal. It was one piece of metal, and I cut it in two. One piece I coated in Waxoyle, the other I just left it bare. These were placed at the back of the rockery in the rear garden. Around 7/8 years later I decided to get rid of the rockery, and found these pieces of metal again. The one was rusting away very nicely. The Waxoyle one was filthy with dirt and I expected rusting away like the untreated one. Wrong. I got some paraffin on a rag and cleaned it up. No rust in sight on it anywhere. That’s why I always recommend Waxoyle. I know it works.
Old 13th July 2023, 20:48   #13
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
I keep seeing Lanogard adverts all the while popping up on the internet.Ive even looked it up on YouTube,and it looks amazingly simple and user friendly to use..How effective it is I wouldn't know.
It maybe worth a serious consideration
It is very effective as many can vouch for. You’ve nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying it. I used to swear by Waxoyl now I swear at it
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2023, 20:59   #14
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi John. As you know I use Waxoyle. I open the can lid, and put the tin in a boiling hot container of water for around half an hour. By this time the Waxoyle is very thin and does not clog up the sprayer. You can spray anywhere you like and cover a large area, or a small area as you wish. I did an experiment about 40 years ago with two pieces of metal. It was one piece of metal, and I cut it in two. One piece I coated in Waxoyle, the other I just left it bare. These were placed at the back of the rockery in the rear garden. Around 7/8 years later I decided to get rid of the rockery, and found these pieces of metal again. The one was rusting away very nicely. The Waxoyle one was filthy with dirt and I expected rusting away like the untreated one. Wrong. I got some paraffin on a rag and cleaned it up. No rust in sight on it anywhere. That’s why I always recommend Waxoyle. I know it works.

Saying Waxoyle is a good product is like saying steam engines are the way forward, These type of products have moved on so far in the last 10 years. In its day Waxoyle was the best on the market but the Bilt Hamber range for example is vastly superior. Self healing, far easier to apply and probably better long term protection.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote