Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th December 2022, 13:17   #11
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Watch this, a picture, or a video tells a thousand stories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l26HKPqrZgg
Old 13th December 2022, 09:54   #12
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati750cc View Post
That's odd, the ratchet only works one way, there is nothing to reverse the ratchet action as with a conventional ratchet !

In the photo, you should be able to tighten a fitting, the direction of the arrow, tap the square through, turn the ratchet over and you should be able to slacken a fitting !

If you look at CLF's post and the 'This' suggestion you will see that when you push the square in to the head, as in your photo, the arrow designates the way, to tighten, it will apply pressure.

Push the square through, turn the tool over, again you will see an arrow to designate the direction to push to unfasten a fitting.

In both instances, applying pressure in the opposite direction to the arrows it will ratchet !

Are you saying that in the position it's in in your photo it will tighten OK, yet with the square pushed through and the ratchet turned over it isn't OK ?

So simply turning the tool over, prevents the ratchet and pawn assembly to stop working ? this isn't logical !
Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I would like to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge on the forum. YouTube does seem to have a video for this type of ratchet.

Whilst I think I know, I would like some advice before I undo a screw.
In my hour of need, I found out the ratchet is only catching in one direction.
What does the screw do? Am I likely to find a spring and ball bearing behind it? Once the screw is removed does the round centre then come out?

The ratchet is a Kampmann 3080 but I also have an Elora which I think is Draper with the same problem so am hoping to fix both.

What happened to Kampmann and are spares sold under a different name. Kampmann seem not to exist, a Google search indicates they were/are East German

thanks
macafee2

Did you get this sorted ?
Old 13th December 2022, 10:31   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati750cc View Post
Did you get this sorted ?

Not yet, was out yesterday and this morning and have another couple of things to do but the ratchet is here beside me.

I will post what I find and how I get on

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2022, 11:43   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

While the wife was out I was brave and took the ratchet apart on the breakfast bar.

There is the screw, a spring and a single roller and then the one piece centre circle.
I thought the "steps" in the centre ring were too worn to be used but I have cleaned them with Gunk and they seem ok. Perhaps a build up of dirt in the steps was preventing the end of the roller from sitting fully in the step and so it slipped.
I need to test properly but by hand it is holding.

Any idea where to get the inner ring? I looked on the internet but found nothing.

macafee2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ring.jpg (127.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by macafee2; 15th December 2022 at 11:46..
Old 15th December 2022, 18:23   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

I may have been searching for the "wrong" thing, I should perhaps have searched for a roller.
https://www.ballandrollerstore.com/l...rs/9mm-x-14mm/

macafee2