Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2018, 16:24   #231
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

You lads still moaning on about this then? No one likes a bad looser and no one likes a bad winner....

No one wins with this and probably no one looses either - we just for no apparent reason have to work harder to stand still now... unless you don't work any more obviously and have a decent pension in which case you can laugh all the way back to 1953 and think it's brilliant

BORING
Old 26th March 2018, 19:57   #232
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I think I have kept the Brexit pamphlets that came through my door, so that I can refer to them at a later date when we get a done deal. JRM had recently referred to the transition arrangements as being as bad as the Suez humiliation. Of course our final deal will be fine.

I'm lucky enough to have enough pension income and other means to weather any eventuality. It's the young people and others less fortunate than I, who I feel for. This whole Brexit is being pursued because it's the will of the people, not because it makes any economic sense. I have zero faith in any politician who is a Brexiteer. If I'm right and we face economic hardship for an indefinite period, where 95% of people get poorer, the voters will be up in arms about not voting for this. They were sick of austerity, an economic downturn on top of that will be awful for the people who are poor or struggling to make ends meet.
Old 26th March 2018, 20:23   #233
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
... if anyone thought £625000 was big enough to sway anything they need to wake up!
Someone obviously thought so ...
A Nigerian mother of three
Old 27th March 2018, 06:34   #234
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
Someone obviously thought so ...

Guess that's why Trump spent $90 million on google and facebook manipulation with the very highly paid Cambridge Analytica?
Old 27th March 2018, 13:27   #235
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Of course it seems that those worried about U.K. youngsters are not that bothered about youngsters from other EU states where EU policies have provided truly horrendous levels of youth unemployment.
Old 27th March 2018, 14:38   #236
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Of course it seems that those worried about U.K. youngsters are not that bothered about youngsters from other EU states where EU policies have provided truly horrendous levels of youth unemployment.
What are your grounds for saying this?
Old 27th March 2018, 16:15   #237
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post

It really doesn't seem to matter what sources you quote. These figures are from reputable sources, ie independent beyond question and readily available to those who are interested, but even when given the links because they can't be bothered themselves to find them, they ignore them because they don't fit the narrative. They should try fullfact.org

The shifting sands of personal gain persuade some 'eminent' wafflers to deny anything. Watched Daily Politics today where that pompous waste of space Patten, ex-governor of H.K., who was screaming about the end of democracy being waged on the colony by China when they were about to get the colony back at the end of the lease didn't seem to be so keen about the D word now. In fact he couldn't wait to give it away. He and Blair reckon Leave voters confuse democracy with patriotism! From those two!
Old 27th March 2018, 16:31   #238
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
What are your grounds for saying this?
The fact that nobody on the Remain side seems to mention it?
Old 27th March 2018, 16:34   #239
andymc
Posted a thing or two

I thought my use of bold print might have helped to convey what question I was asking, but in order to avoid any further unnecessary wear & tear on keyboards, I am asking DD what his grounds are for saying "that those worried about U.K. youngsters are not that bothered about youngsters from other EU states".

EDIT - thank you for your answer DD, you hit the reply button as I was typing. Would it be more accurate to say that you haven't noticed anyone mention it? I'm particularly aware of the issue, for a variety of reasons, and as someone who is nevertheless on the Remain side I can't help but think that your comment is lacking in accuracy and reflective more of your own mindset than that you presume in others.

Last edited by andymc; 27th March 2018 at 16:40..
Old 27th March 2018, 16:35   #240
Darcydog
This is my second home

[QUOTE=wraymond;2612019]It really doesn't seem to matter what sources you quote. These figures are from reputable sources, ie independent beyond question and readily available to those who are interested, but even when given the links because they can't be bothered themselves to find them, they ignore them because they don't fit the narrative. They should try fullfact.org

![QUOTE]

Exactly!
Closed Thread