Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th February 2018, 20:52   #11
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I've already got a list of people wanting to come and stay. Might have to set up a rota.
Add me to that list Rattler is calling
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 21:11   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Add me to that list Rattler is calling
We best get the Rattler farm on Red Alert to increase the production to keep up with the demand, perhaps I best get a vat or two installed in the garage.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 17:44   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Well impressed with the first..............................

................................................ House that we viewed. Wow! The kitchen was something to die for. Really cracking property.

As I left Matt n Shirley's I was stopped by a chap in a van asking for directions, and I directed him to where he wanted to go. I knew all these mini tours would pay off. The driver was unaware that there is a cul-de-sac tucked away on the square. And before I got into the car a voice called out to me, I turned and it was a forum member Baz on foot. He is recovering from a mini stroke and is not allowed to drive. After a quick chat he went in to see Matt.

As I drove past Newton Abbot station I spotted a Red MG 3, and going past in the opposite direction was another forum member, Nathancann, in his Anthricate ZT. And it looked nice and clean where as Redfive was filthy.
And I was off to meet Debbie at Waitrose in Saltash for 12.30. And then the rain set in. Hammered it down as far as Plymouth.
Pulled into Waitrose's car park at 12.20.

Debbie pulled in and I jumped in her Fiesta, I was greeted by Debbie and her Belgian Shepherd, Lexy. Debbie was going to be my chauffeur for the viewing plus taking me around to look a few other places that were For Sale. We was soon zooming around past a few bungalows before arriving at the house for our viewing. The agent was waiting for us, we'll me really. Really nice but not what I really want.

Then back into the Fiesta for another trip round Saltash, certainly loads of properties For Sale. The weather was not really being helpful, but at least the rain is warm when you are out in it. Debbie had to go back to work, she is a live in carer, but had to get the shopping for the client. So back to Waitrose where I helped by pushing the trolley round. Before getting to the tills we stopped off at the coffee shop. Debbie had a tag which allowed us to get our drinks for free. To accompany our coffee we had a couple of slices apple strudel. Was gorgeous, anyway part of our 5 a day.

We had a chat about various properties but time was soon zooming by. So with hug and and kiss Debbie was off back to the Big House and I headed back towards Torquay via the go-go juice station to top up Redfive's tank. There was 2 Rover 75's in the supermarket car park. A White Gold, J666 ***, and a 51 plate Tourer in Dark Blue.
On the A38 I saw a Cimmaron 75 close to the Dart Valley country park turn off, on the opposite side to me.

Just off of the main drag and towards Newton Abbot there is a hand car wash so I thought I would drop in there and give Redfive a treat, a nice snow foam and rinse. I was quite surprised by the chap's by the chap when he said in perfect English, "This is one of the best ZT's I have ever seen, they are usually a load of rubbish". Lovely compliment. Back through the town and back onto the A380 where I was overtaken by a pre facelift dark Blue saloon CDTi.

As pulled up outside Matt n Shirley's behind the pink pram, Shirley's Pink Smart car, I thought that the day had gone really well. Walked into the house and back out into Matt's "Grovey" as we was going into town, Shirley was going as well. Off to collect some plastic draw units for Matt's spare car parts. Then back off to the house where we was greeted by the chap who had bought the Black ZT we had collected the week before. Parts needed from Matt.

And breathe, need to chill out as I was knackered now. Shirley dished up dinner with a nice ice cream dessert to follow. And with full tummies we are settling down to watch a bit of telly whilst I scroll through the emails full of properties sent to ne via the estate agents.

onen hag oll
Old 8th February 2018, 18:10   #14
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
................................................ House that we viewed. Wow! The kitchen was something to die for. Really cracking property.

As I left Matt n Shirley's I was stopped by a chap in a van asking for directions, and I directed him to where he wanted to go. I knew all these mini tours would pay off. The driver was unaware that there is a cul-de-sac tucked away on the square. And before I got into the car a voice called out to me, I turned and it was a forum member Baz on foot. He is recovering from a mini stroke and is not allowed to drive. After a quick chat he went in to see Matt.

As I drove past Newton Abbot station I spotted a Red MG 3, and going past in the opposite direction was another forum member, Nathancann, in his Anthricate ZT. And it looked nice and clean where as Redfive was filthy.
And I was off to meet Debbie at Waitrose in Saltash for 12.30. And then the rain set in. Hammered it down as far as Plymouth.
Pulled into Waitrose's car park at 12.20.

Debbie pulled in and I jumped in her Fiesta, I was greeted by Debbie and her Belgian Shepherd, Lexy. Debbie was going to be my chauffeur for the viewing plus taking me around to look a few other places that were For Sale. We was soon zooming around past a few bungalows before arriving at the house for our viewing. The agent was waiting for us, we'll me really. Really nice but not what I really want.

Then back into the Fiesta for another trip round Saltash, certainly loads of properties For Sale. The weather was not really being helpful, but at least the rain is warm when you are out in it. Debbie had to go back to work, she is a live in carer, but had to get the shopping for the client. So back to Waitrose where I helped by pushing the trolley round. Before getting to the tills we stopped off at the coffee shop. Debbie had a tag which allowed us to get our drinks for free. To accompany our coffee we had a couple of slices apple strudel. Was gorgeous, anyway part of our 5 a day.

We had a chat about various properties but time was soon zooming by. So with hug and and kiss Debbie was off back to the Big House and I headed back towards Torquay via the go-go juice station to top up Redfive's tank. There was 2 Rover 75's in the supermarket car park. A White Gold, J666 ***, and a 51 plate Tourer in Dark Blue.
On the A38 I saw a Cimmaron 75 close to the Dart Valley country park turn off, on the opposite side to me.

Just off of the main drag and towards Newton Abbot there is a hand car wash so I thought I would drop in there and give Redfive a treat, a nice snow foam and rinse. I was quite surprised by the chap's by the chap when he said in perfect English, "This is one of the best ZT's I have ever seen, they are usually a load of rubbish". Lovely compliment. Back through the town and back onto the A380 where I was overtaken by a pre facelift dark Blue saloon CDTi.

As pulled up outside Matt n Shirley's behind the pink pram, Shirley's Pink Smart car, I thought that the day had gone really well. Walked into the house and back out into Matt's "Grovey" as we was going into town, Shirley was going as well. Off to collect some plastic draw units for Matt's spare car parts. Then back off to the house where we was greeted by the chap who had bought the Black ZT we had collected the week before. Parts needed from Matt.

And breathe, need to chill out as I was knackered now. Shirley dished up dinner with a nice ice cream dessert to follow. And with full tummies we are settling down to watch a bit of telly whilst I scroll through the emails full of properties sent to ne via the estate agents.
Glad the search is going well Bob, you already sound Perky and Happier in Rattler Country..........keep the updates coming mate
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 18:18   #15
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Glad the search is going well Bob, you already sound Perky and Happier in Rattler Country..........keep the updates coming mate
House hunting has given a new lease of life.

onen hag oll
Old 9th February 2018, 15:25   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Well, the homeward journey was............................

.................................................. . A bit different. Heard on the the big square thing with pictures and sound this morning that the M5 was closed on both sides at the Taunton turn off.

So after breakfast and my farewells to Matt n Shirley I was off homeward bound in the snow, yup! Snowing as I left.
Got onto the beginning of the M5 at Exeter but took the first turn off onto the A30, and the snowing stopped and out popped the sun. With the M5 shut there was a lot of big wheelers going the same way as me but at least we were soon up to 69.9mph. Still not that keen on the cruise control.

Soon bowling along and onto the A303, saw a Dark Blue 75 Tourer heading the other way with a Trophy Yellow TF close behind. Traffic started to slow with the volume of big wheelers travelling both ways. Some of the sharp bends on the single carriageway meant the big boys had to give way to the opposing trucks. But we was still moving, well we was till we got to 'Burnt House Farm', unique name. A scaffolding carrying truck had expired on a bend at the bottom of a hill.

The driver and his mate were doing there best at stopping traffic to let some of the jam ease. Soon up and running again. Once on the dual carriageway Redfive stuck her rear down and lifted her nose and we was really motoring, till the sun went home and the snow loaded clouds descended once again. But at least we was moving along ok. We just kept going in the sleet/snow and finally rain, up past Yeovilton, Sparkford, Stonehenge, Amesbury and past Boscombe down. I decided to take the A34 up towards Newbury so as to cut that section of the M25 that runs past Heathrow, good job as well as I heard on the radio that the M3 was shut as well following an accident.

Soon on the M4 in the sunshine, through the roadworks at a steady 50mph. Once past and back up to our cruising altitude of 69.9mph, all the way to the M25 without any incident. Saw a Trophy Blue ZT with Green stripes along with the giant MG letters also in Green, also there appeared to be other signs on the car. As it was going the opposite way to me it was hard to see.
40mph limit as we slipped onto the slip road leading onto the M25. The variable speed limit soon gave way to the 69.9mph limit.

Clean n green all the way round to the M11 and down to the A1400. Home in 4 1/2 hours with no stops for a wee. Pretty good going. And Redfive behaving her usual self. Once parked up and unloaded, she could have a short rest as we needed to go out and get some shopping and top up the go-go juice as we are off to Daventry in the morning, that should last us till Monday. When we swap and get the Bear out for a few days.
Might even take the Bear down to Torquay next time and swap over with Banana, missing driving her.

Since collecting Redfive last Friday, 4th, we have covered over one thousand miles, not bad in a week.

Many thanks for the encouraging pm's, and the comments on here.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO MATT n SHIRLEY for feeding me and letting me stay over. Love the friendless of the membership on here.

onen hag oll
Old 9th February 2018, 15:38   #17
Goldrover
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Bob, i always enjoy your travels and feel as if i'm in the co-pilots seat, please keep us up to date and be safe on the roads.

All the best Dave.
Goldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 20:27   #18
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrover View Post
Hi Bob, i always enjoy your travels and feel as if i'm in the co-pilots seat, please keep us up to date and be safe on the roads.

All the best Dave.
Hi Bob,

Likewise from us 2 Norveners Bob,couldn't have put it better,glad you had yet another good time down there including the abode hunting,hope all goes well for you with all you do mate,safe trips in Red & the Bear,not forgetting dear old Banana enjoying a very well & respectful rest,if you can still make it to Walworth Castle next Month,Jan & I hope to catch up with you there,Take Care Bob.

John & Jan.
Old 9th February 2018, 22:59   #19
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Thanks Bob. I still look forward to reading your story every day. Very uplifting. I am a member of a bunch of bike forums I have helped other members and been helped. A Honda group member in California put me up while on my marathon 6,000 km tour. First time we'd met in person. Likewise, I gave a member of my Triumph Trophy group and his friend some mechanical help on their ride across Canada and the USA - again the first time we'd met in person. I see that this group is the same with the same sort of good people/friends.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote