Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th November 2008, 22:00   #11
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Maybe the drivers disappeared and all thats left of him is the car ?

Jimmy welcome to the Reds and thanks for subscribing.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 22:02   #12
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Welcome to the Club Jimmy
and thanks for subscribing.
Have fun.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 23:14   #13
podge
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Tourer CDT CLUB SE Copper Red Mica Dec 01 ....now deceased....replaced by2003 Royal Blue T

Welcome to THE club Jimmy, all you ever wanted to know about our cars on here.P.

B.M.Ws loss........OUR GAIN!!!!!!!!
http://knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/...arp.300pix.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/3...b847e1c5_m.jpg
podge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 05:46   #14
GERFIX

MINI COOPER S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm sure I'm going to like it here ;-).

He, he Gerfix, you sure there is or was anyone in our village with that sort of taste ? must have been visiting lol.
I swear to God!! That's what I meant about Ormiston being the kind of place where not a lot (relatively speaking) happens. Kind of the last place you'd expect to see something as bold as a yellow ZT. It was one of those moments when I first saw it and I thought "I have to have one of those some day". I said that when we went to the 75 launch at Lennoxlove in Haddington too!

How are you finding the ZT-T? Have you had a look through the site and looked for things to check out? In this weather the plenum drains should be one of the first to be looked at . Drop me a PM or shout out loud on the forum if you need any help at all!

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 09:06   #15
JimmyH

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERFIX View Post
How are you finding the ZT-T? Have you had a look through the site and looked for things to check out? In this weather the plenum drains should be one of the first to be looked at . Drop me a PM or shout out loud on the forum if you need any help at all!
As I said the car is needing quite a bit of attention, it's been badly neglected in the past. I have read about the things which I believe are important to check, eg plenum drains and cleaned them out, they were actually not too bad, passengers side drain tube was starting to clog up, but i cleared that out.
I have given it an oil change and done all the filters, which made a little improvement, I am waiting to hear from Dave Lyon about an egr bypass, and hope to get a mafam and synergy box from Roveron within the next couple of weeks. I also would like to change the rear lower engine mount as I also get the vibration/rumble through the steering and bulkhead at about 1800 to 200 revs.........................phew, I should maybe have saved my money and gone for a better condition car in the first place lol, but i do like a tinker.
Still saying all that, I love the look of the ZT-T and enjoy driving it, can't wait to see how much more I'll enjoy it when I have it running properly.
Finally, I willl probably need help and advice, so many thanks for the offer.
JimmyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 09:42   #16
GERFIX

MINI COOPER S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
As I said the car is needing quite a bit of attention, it's been badly neglected in the past. I have read about the things which I believe are important to check, eg plenum drains and cleaned them out, they were actually not too bad, passengers side drain tube was starting to clog up, but i cleared that out.
I have given it an oil change and done all the filters, which made a little improvement, I am waiting to hear from Dave Lyon about an egr bypass, and hope to get a mafam and synergy box from Roveron within the next couple of weeks. I also would like to change the rear lower engine mount as I also get the vibration/rumble through the steering and bulkhead at about 1800 to 200 revs.........................phew, I should maybe have saved my money and gone for a better condition car in the first place lol, but i do like a tinker.
Still saying all that, I love the look of the ZT-T and enjoy driving it, can't wait to see how much more I'll enjoy it when I have it running properly.
Finally, I willl probably need help and advice, so many thanks for the offer.
Well done Jimmy. Soundslike you're going in the right direction. Nice to hear you're going for the Ronbox too - you will NOT be disappointed. If you need a demonstration before buying, let me know.

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote