Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd September 2017, 08:05   #1
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Missing people in the know???

I am already missing the people who know these cars inside out for doing repairs, £368 for doing a a nearside drop link nearside wishbone, said he had to buy the whole unit not just the bush, MOT, plus a bit of welding a plate rear near side jacking point, and a service.

I kept meaning to replace the heater matrix before winter sets in any body on the forum within travelling distance from Nottingham could do it in a day?

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:42   #2
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

I am already missing the people who know these cars inside out for doing repairs, £368 for doing a a nearside drop link nearside wishbone, said he had to buy the whole unit not just the bush, MOT, plus a bit of welding a plate rear near side jacking point, and a service.

I kept meaning to replace the heater matrix before winter sets in any body on the forum within travelling distance from Nottingham could do it in a day?

Rev

It saddens me greatly that people are saying they can't purchase the rear bush for the front suspension arm. Both Brembo and eurocar list and carry these and carry the drop links. I have just checked with Jim at the local village garage a pair of drop links and one front arm rear bush are less than fifty pounds. I am the first to admit that the quality is not fantastic but they are new and serviceable parts. To do the job of the bush and drop is less than one hours work, Jim charges £90 to £120 for a full service. If you are wanting a brake fluid flush included add twenty pounds.
My sympathy goes to those who are getting ripped off.
I do hope the garage put the bolts in from the top on the bush as I know of many peeps who have had the work done and the bolts have been fitted upside down.
Best to fit polly bushes costs a bit more than a pair of bushes, and involves removing the bush from the carrier and then fitting the polly bush into the carrier. I have done many over the passed fifteen years and I have never had a poly bushed one back for repair.
Most parts for our cars are available and there are some have been improved on and are available through someone in the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:49   #3
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
It saddens me greatly that people are saying they can't purchase the rear bush for the front suspension arm. Both Brembo and eurocar list and carry these and carry the drop links. I have just checked with Jim at the local village garage a pair of drop links and one front arm rear bush are less than fifty pounds. I am the first to admit that the quality is not fantastic but they are new and serviceable parts. To do the job of the bush and drop is less than one hours work, Jim charges £90 to £120 for a full service. If you are wanting a brake fluid flush included add twenty pounds.
My sympathy goes to those who are getting ripped off.
I do hope the garage put the bolts in from the top on the bush as I know of many peeps who have had the work done and the bolts have been fitted upside down.
Best to fit polly bushes costs a bit more than a pair of bushes, and involves removing the bush from the carrier and then fitting the polly bush into the carrier. I have done many over the passed fifteen years and I have never had a poly bushed one back for repair.
Most parts for our cars are available and there are some have been improved on and are available through someone in the club.

A full service for £90 to £120.... really?
What's this for: a 1.8 or KV6?
What does it include: Air filter, oil filter, pollen filter, oils, spark plugs (standard or platinum), all wheels off etc etc
I'm sorry but there's no way any garage can do a Full service for that price.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:50   #4
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:

Rev

Showed Jim the owner of our village garage to carry out the works described supplying all parts, and carrying out the MOT would have been £275. And that includes the welding grinding back the weld and treating the area with body shutz, welding would be seem with a mig using argon shield, the carpets above would be pulled back clear of the area to be welded and once cool the area inside would be treated with wax rust treatment. Then the carpets put back.

alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 06:52   #5
andy willi
I really should get out more.......

PRE LAUNCH 75/ZT 190/XJ 550

Quote:

Rev
just call me

andy
andy willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 15:29   #6
stevehotshot
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
A full service for £90 to £120.... really?
What's this for: a 1.8 or KV6?
What does it include: Air filter, oil filter, pollen filter, oils, spark plugs (standard or platinum), all wheels off etc etc
I'm sorry but there's no way any garage can do a Full service for that price.
It won't include vat or parts...still not a bad price...
stevehotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 16:08   #7
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:

I am already missing the people.......................................

Rev
You were both missed today, too. The Ugly Duckling could have been a lot uglier had you been there!
Fred (planenut)
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 17:21   #8
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
You were both missed today, too. The Ugly Duckling could have been a lot uglier had you been there!
Fred (planenut)
Hi Fred how are you,yes we would have loved to have been there, and can I say many thanks for those few kind words

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote