Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th January 2011, 21:29   #1
Donald MacIver
Avid contributor

2006 Audi A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-line, 2001 Rover 75 2.0 CDT Clubisseur Saloon in Wedgewood Blue

Exclamation URGENT! - Drivers door will not open!

Need some urgent advice on this, the drivers door on my parents rover 75 will not open, the central locking still works off the remote and the lock in the drivers door, all 4 interior lock buttons still work, but i cannot open the drivers door from outside or inside. The handles inside and out feel like they did before, dont think a cable has snapped. Is it possible to remove the door card without opening the door, i need to get the door open somehow, any suggestions anyone?
Old 14th January 2011, 21:34   #2
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Not my forte this techie stuff, but have a look at the threads in here...

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 15th January 2011 at 02:22.. Reason: typo
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 09:06   #3
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

here you go, thing is you need to get the door card off

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...33&postcount=4

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 12:25   #4
Donald MacIver
Avid contributor

2006 Audi A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-line, 2001 Rover 75 2.0 CDT Clubisseur Saloon in Wedgewood Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post

Thanks for the link, will give this a try and see how it goes, one thing though, how do you get the door card off without damaging it seeing as i can't open the door?
Old 15th January 2011, 13:11   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald MacIver View Post
Thanks for the link, will give this a try and see how it goes, one thing though, how do you get the door card off without damaging it seeing as i can't open the door?
Sorry for delay in replying, suffering a bit of jet lag

Door card will not come fully off as one screw is hidden when door is closed

In the middle of the door opening handle on the inside there is a blsck plastic blank, behind this is a self tapper to remove. Then, you can usually get your fingers in around the adge of the door card to release the fixings by pulling on the door card. then the main fixing for the door card is behind the pull shut handle on the card. Brute force only here I'm afraid, a sharp and very firm pull up and off relesas it from its clips. then all the annoying soundproofing foam and a bit of contorsionism and your in .

Pig of a job

good luck

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 13:54   #6
Tetterss

Rover 75 saloon

Default Trouble with door

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post

I've had some trouble with my passenger door, with it not opening from the inside or outside. I've managed to get the door card off enough to be able to get my hand in. I've tried to follow the instructions but no luck. Any specifics or more pictures or anything available?
Thanks
Tetterss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 21:23   #7
zedhed
Posted a thing or two

zt saloon turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetterss View Post
I've had some trouble with my passenger door, with it not opening from the inside or outside. I've managed to get the door card off enough to be able to get my hand in. I've tried to follow the instructions but no luck. Any specifics or more pictures or anything available?
Thanks
have you tried just removing the external window trim seal and getting something down there to open it.
zedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 05:01   #8
steveharvey2001
Loves to post

Mini Cooper SE

I had the same problem a couple of years ago but with the front passenger door.

Terry from TS Autos managed to partially remove the door card enough to get a hand into the door and reach for the lever that unlatched the door.

Knowing where every lock part is, as the experts do, meant that this could be done 'blind'.

I would not be confident to try it myself without damaging the door card. :-(
Old 11th May 2017, 12:09   #9
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveharvey2001 View Post
I had the same problem a couple of years ago but with the front passenger door.

Terry from TS Autos managed to partially remove the door card enough to get a hand into the door and reach for the lever that unlatched the door.

Knowing where every lock part is, as the experts do, meant that this could be done 'blind'.

I would not be confident to try it myself without damaging the door card. :-(
So forgive me, how is this post helpful?, have you got a Terry from TS Autos handy we can borrow, or are you just posting for the hell of it, any more than my experience is of any help, i.e. I myself took my car to the local garage when this happen to me, the guy there sorted it out.

The point I am making is that unless you have anything useful to say please refrain from saying it, this way people don't have to read through 100s of useless pieces of information before they realise they are wasting their time.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 12:33   #10
dbt01
Retired

OK, Isle of Lewis is nowhere near Worcester! So, trying to be constructive, if its the lock button latch that's keeping the door in a locked state, then remove the door card as much as you can (see posts above) and feel around the lock. Small hands are good! You should be able to feel the rod that goes upwards to the lock button that pokes out at the top of the trim card. It may be floppy (which means its become detached), although you say it appears OK. In any event push the lever on the lock mechanism to which it attaches upwards hard and try the interior/exterior handles then.

If that doesn't work, press it fully down and fully up several times leaving it in the hard up postion.

If it works then you simply need to re-attach the rod afterwards if it is detached or if it appears that it wasn't (fully) engaged in the lever causing jammimg. If the green clip is bust so that it won't attach properly, I have a couple and you can PM me (they are not available as a part).

Of course the little lever that is attached to the vertical rod should move up and down when the car is locked and unlocked anyway.
Once you get the door open and get to the lock you can see if the problem is that it is jammed, stiff or simply that the activation, remote or manual is where the problem lies.

David

Last edited by dbt01; 11th May 2017 at 13:01..
dbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote