Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th August 2016, 15:33   #11
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

I'd say the motor brushes are just about shot and there's some contact betwen the commutator and what's left of them, tensions springs, etc. The noise indicates abrasion and wear of the commutator. It's worth considring a re-brush if it isn't too far gone. The alternative is a fan system replacement. Usual recommendation is a second hand 2-speed (eBay/Arctic/breakers/etc. and upgrade the resistor if appropriate. Alternatively, there's the aftermarket fan derivatives. See Jules shop for these.

Fitting a replacement is plug and play once to get the bumper off. It not at all daifficult and there's lots of Help/HowTos/Videos on the subject.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 07:35   #12
ambassador

Rover 75 Limo

Ah thanks for advice. Yes - looks.much like fan motor needs replacing. From what I read, the coolant needs replacing and A/C discharging to carry out the repair as well as removing the bumper.

Anyone have an idea how much it would cost at a garage?
ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 07:57   #13
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador View Post
Ah thanks for advice. Yes - looks.much like fan motor needs replacing. From what I read, the coolant needs replacing and A/C discharging to carry out the repair as well as removing the bumper.

Anyone have an idea how much it would cost at a garage?
Hi Ed.
You do not have to replace the coolant to change the cooling fan, also the replacement fan can be added without disturbing the Air con gas.

You would need to cut the cowling round the A/C pipes to removed the old damaged fan, and the replacement fan would also need to have the cowling cut round the A/C pipes, this is then just bolted back on to the car plug in and play as they say.

All the above can only take place once the bumper, slam panel with lights attached have been removed, job for a person whom as not fitted a fan before should take about 3hrs to 4hrs anyone whom as fitted one before maybe 2hrs 2.5hrs.

While the front bumper is off other little jobs can be checked ie wiring rubbing on the chassis arm etc.

I see your car is an 04 plate so it may have a two wire 2 speed fan with silver resistor, if not it will a four wire 3 speed fan fitted you would need to check this first how are you with spanners etc Arctic.

PS I would start your own thread on this even though you have already taged onto an old thread from way back

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 30th August 2016 at 08:02..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote