Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th January 2016, 15:08   #21
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1966 View Post
Because of this I have never taken the key out of the lock when I open the boot. If your hands are full with bags it's a hindrance to remove the key anyway.

Steve.
This is what I do, and if I don't then I physically check I have the keys in my hand before closing... It's a habit to get into people!
Old 9th January 2016, 13:07   #22
RepoUK
Loves to post

R75 CDTi Tourer 160bhp

Apologies for the late reply but I couldn't post yesterday.

I went to Asda after picking my son up from school; we got out the car and I locked it from the fob. I remembered to open the boot (with the key) to get the reusable bags we have to use now and decided to leave my coat in the boot, unlocked the boot with the key, gave my son a choc from the coat pocket with one hand and put the key in my other coat pocket with the other. I'd thought I'd put it in my jeans pocket. I closed the boot and instantly realised the key wasn't in my pocket at all

On all of my MG Rovers, I always check that I have the key in my hand before closing the boot. Except this time...

As far as keeping the process secret, I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of this kind of secrecy. Having said that, I can now get into the boot of all three of my 75/ZT's in 10 seconds max. (no exaggeration) and leave no trace of having done so. It's is scarily easy to do and I now understand totally why it's kept a secret.

Last edited by RepoUK; 9th January 2016 at 13:10..
RepoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 13:12   #23
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

I don't mean to be a smart are but if ever I need to open the boot with the key, I always tend to leave the key in the lock.

Rev Jules
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 13:19   #24
RepoUK
Loves to post

R75 CDTi Tourer 160bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

I don't mean to be a smart are but if ever I need to open the boot with the key, I always tend to leave the key in the lock.

Rev Jules
I used to do that but found myself using it as a handle to pull the boot lid down. I stopped leaving the key in as I suspected that one day I'd break the key
RepoUK is offline   Reply With Quote