Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th November 2015, 23:05   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Scam warning!

I received a slightly garbled recorded message this morning, directed at my late partner, to press 1 or 2. Curious, I rang the number back to see what it was all about. It was from a debt collection company trying to claim she had owed money for telecoms services, which I knew to be impossible and from a company calling itself Wescot Credit Services. http://www.wescot.co.uk/

It is a very convincing looking website and their calls sound quite convincing, but it is just another scam to part you from your money. They claim to be be authorised by the FCA, but they are not registered now. There are hundreds of complaints about this company. If they ring and try and get any more details from you, than they already have, tell them nothing. They tried to get my name and me to send them a Death Certificate, something they have absolutely no right to ask for.

The way they seem to work, is to convince you that you owe them money for a debt they have taken on and try to convince you to pay up.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 23:11   #2
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I received a slightly garbled recorded message this morning, directed at my late partner, to press 1 or 2. Curious, I rang the number back to see what it was all about. It was from a debt collection company trying to claim she had owed money for telecoms services, which I knew to be impossible and from a company calling itself Wescot Credit Services. http://www.wescot.co.uk/

It is a very convincing looking website and their calls sound quite convincing, but it is just another scam to part you from your money. They claim to be be authorised by the FCA, but they are not registered now. There are hundreds of complaints about this company. If they ring and try and get any more details from you, than they already have, tell them nothing. They tried to get my name and me to send them a Death Certificate, something they have absolutely no right to ask for.

The way they seem to work, is to convince you that you owe them money for a debt they have taken on and try to convince you to pay up.
My grand mother has had this too and she didn't what to do.
Lucky I was there and asked her to give me the phone and asked what rights they have and what is there agenda.

My response so fancy your chances trying to con pensioners hay, sorry pal YOU WILL FAIL, he cut me off.

That was my I needed and now the number has been blocked, just hope my grand mother hasn't give them her details as I was working on the roof as some of the slate had come down.

It was only when I came to have a cuppa that when she was on the phone.

This was around October time.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 23:29   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

I wasn't entirely sure it was a scam, until I did the research and found the hundreds of complaints about the company. I make rule of not confirming any details and not providing any new details to anyone who rings.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 30th November 2015, 23:35   #4
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
I wasn't entirely sure it was a scam, until I did the research and found the hundreds of complaints about the company. I make rule of not confirming any details and not providing any new details to anyone who rings.
They are well know scamming firm, not only that too it there approach to how they were talking to my grand mother, looking at her think she was intimidated for the information and I don't like that, I'm very loyal fiercely loyal.

when someone starts like that I take no beep.
I made my presence well and truly known, they haven't called back since, and they said she owned them money.

I don't think so.

Wouldn't technology were your able to punch someone at the other line.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 1st December 2015, 04:43   #5
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Scambags, the lot of them. It makes me wonder just how many elderly poor souls are conned into this? It is quite obvious that these parasites have no morals nor a conscience

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 05:16   #6
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenicks View Post
Scambags, the lot of them. It makes me wonder just how many elderly poor souls are conned into this? It is quite obvious that these parasites have no morals nor a conscience
Your right Steve they don't and they need taking out.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 1st December 2015, 07:36   #7
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

If I get a call from a number I don't know I check it online before I do anything else.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 11:00   #8
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

I have been onto the FCA - 0800 1116768 to report the company and filed a report with the police's Action Fraud too - 0300 1232040. If anyone else gets fishing (phishing?) calls for potential debt like this, I would suggest you make similar complaints to the authorities.

Wescot's call yesterday was made from 01482 590 502 and was the number I rang them back on, on their website their posted number is 01482 590 500 - the numbers are too close, too similar for it to possibly be clone making the calls.

EDIT, sorry the last listed number was WRONG!

502 was the number which called me and I rang them back on.

500 is the number on their web site.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 1st December 2015 at 12:41..
Old 1st December 2015, 11:48   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
I have been onto the FCA - 0800 1116768 to report the company and filed a report with the police's Action Fraud too - 0300 1232040. If anyone else gets fishing (phishing?) calls for potential debt like this, I would suggest you make similar complaints to the authorities.

Wescot's call yesterday was made from 01482 590 502 and was the number I rang them back on, on their website their posted number is 01482 590 502 - the numbers are too close, too similar for it to possibly be clone making the calls.
That is exactly the right thing to do. If everyone did it then the fraudsters would be caught more easily.

ALSO - Do check out each number that rings you purporting to be from a bank or any organisation you do not know. A simple Google search flags them up as scambags.

We had one last week from a chap who said he was from HSBC and wanted to go through "security" with me so he can discuss my account! Now i know HSBC would not do that and so I said in a very calm voice that he should go and **** himself and then I went very quiet, put the phone on speaker-phone and said "here's another one for you" to no-one at all - the phone went dead very quickly!!!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote