Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th October 2015, 11:28   #1
pipe n slippers
Regular poster

75 estate

Default is it too much to ask

that ebayers tell the truth when selling bits. just got a wing that is quite badly scratched and in need of a respray, which should have been mentioned in the description. now have to deal with sending it back up country.
in future i'll look before i leap!
Old 9th October 2015, 12:14   #2
bubs
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75

When my 75 got hit I bought a cheap rear door from ebay to swap, the seller said it had a few marks but i thought it would look better than mine. Even if i had to respray it it was cheap enough so took a chance. Described as a rear passenger door with a picture of an offside door. Turns up damaged (i assumed by the courier) and when i check the corner that was poking out the packaging i noticed it was a rear nearside door. So the seller refunded and got his money back from the courier.
Forward on a few months after it had sat in the garden still in the packaging i decided to strip it for switches, locks etc and scrap the door. I opened the packaging to find the door had been very badly "repaired" at some point with a large tub of body filler and a spray can!! Now i know why the picture was of the other door
bubs is offline   Reply With Quote