Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th March 2015, 21:15   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

No good on a v6, you can't ogle at them as they are hidden!
Old 15th March 2015, 21:26   #12
Doc Evil
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Classic Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
Not familiar with Zircotec, so can't comment on that.

If you are thinking about going down that route, I'm very interested on how it performs.
Ahh Vinnie looking for a bit more engine bling, you will be able to open a restaurant as you can already eat your dinner off your engine
How about a spot of Gold plating under the bonnet mate
You can detail my car any time you like
Doc
Old 16th March 2015, 12:51   #13
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Lol, It's not THAT good haha, but thanks for the compliment .
If this coating performs as good as it's been told, it might be worth the effort to keep high temperature parts looking good for longer. Always comes in handy. .
Old 16th March 2015, 20:07   #14
Doc Evil
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Classic Saloon

Yes its a shame the manifold and downpipe discolour and rust it does tend to be a weak point on a good looking engine bay
Don't think I will go to the expense of the ceramic coating but I did get a Freelander heat shield which covers up alot of it and is same material as underbody shield so should clean up nicely

Doc
Old 17th March 2015, 08:13   #15
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Was that heat shield a mod? Or just replaced an old part with the same?
I like things under the bonnet that cover up things .

@Charlie, learned anything more about the coating?
Old 17th March 2015, 17:53   #16
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
Was that heat shield a mod? Or just replaced an old part with the same?
I like things under the bonnet that cover up things .

@Charlie, learned anything more about the coating?
Hi, I emailed the company yesterday and below is their answer:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your enquiry via our website.

Zircotec® coatings are proven for application to a variety of materials providing a high performance ceramic thermal barrier coating, which improves the efficiency of exhausts and prevents local component and chassis damage from radiated heat. In recent testing surface temperatures were reduced by ~33% for our Performance Range and ~25% for our Primary Range; both may be suitable for your needs but more details are shown on our website www.zircotec.com.

Our coatings are not paints but ceramics applied using a plasma spraying process which ensures an extremely well adhered, durable coating with an extremely hard and durable surface that is highly resistant to vibration, mechanical damage and thermal shock. The full process, which is suitable for both new and used exhaust systems, consists of: masking where the coating is not required, surface preparation, spraying of base coat and finally spraying of a ThermoHold® barrier coat. As we use plasma spraying process the coating is to the external surfaces only with no preparatory work required by you.

The natural colour of our coating is white/cream, but many of our customers call for the very highest level of performance offered by Performance White™ but also require a coating with a finish that can be more easily maintained. To meet this need Zircotec has developed a range of high quality multi-coat colour finishes that are applied over the top of our standard plasma-sprayed ceramic. The full range of colours can be seen on the attached link (http://www.zircotec.com/page/-_performance_colours/47 ). Our Primary range is only available in a matt black finish.

Regarding pricing; for the manifold from your MG ZT-T 2.5 v6, the cost to coat is £317 for Primary Black™; £454 for Performance White™ or £522 for any from our Performance Colours™ range. Prices exclude shipping and VAT. Turnaround time is approximately 15 working days with payment accepted via credit card or bank transfer.

We can arrange to have DHL pick up your parcel and send it back, once coated, for £25 plus VAT. (Applies to a single box under a metre in length weighing no more than 20kg picking up from and delivering back to a UK mainland address)
Please ring our Production department to arrange this by calling 01235 546050 option 2. Alternatively email [email protected]. Please remember to have your package weight and dimensions to hand when contacting us. Please ensure that your components are packed securely as Zircotec will not accept liability for damage caused in transit.

To proceed, simply send the manifold to the address below, remembering to include your contact details and our quotation reference 15Q111B23. We automatically mask off machined/ flange surfaces to protect them from coating. Please ensure that all other areas that do not require coating including badges and slip joints are marked or taped off before sending the parts to us. (Please note that, although we take extreme care when masking off badges to protect them from coating, there is a slight risk of damage to some painted metal badges when going through our process.) We will contact you upon receipt to confirm details and arrange payment. Alternatively you can take the parts to any of our distributors who will be happy to show you samples of our Performance Colour™ range and arrange the shipping for you. A list of our distributors can be found on our website http://www.zircotec.com/page/uk-distributors--new-/122
If you do decide to go to one of our distributors the cost to coat will be no different to that quoted above but please still take the quotation reference with you.

Please note that this quotation is valid for a 90 day period.

Kind Regards,

Ian

Ian Bowm

I have also emailed MG Lifestyles Ltd to get their opinion and waiting for their reply.
Old 17th March 2015, 18:35   #17
GeraintUK
Passed Away

MG ZT-T 160

and for a 1/4 of the price.

http://www.camcoat.com/main/coatings9.html

used by many of the top modded cars in UK over the years
GeraintUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2015, 10:55   #18
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Hi all got an email back from MG LifeStyle ltd about the ceramic coating:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the email. Having the manifolds ceramic coated wont make much difference performance wise, it will reduce the under bonnet temperature a little but for the amount it costs to do there will be very little gained. With the stainless exhaust I would do that if you intend to keep the car long term as it will be well worth it, it improves the sound and looks and is long lasting.

Thanks again and looking forward to meeting you in the new year.

Chris
Retro (MG) Lifestyle
01484 715851

I have a lot of thinking to do before next year lol.