Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st July 2014, 09:21   #241
Peaklander
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaklander View Post
Mine came originally from SGL Preston. It then passed to the original owners daughter who I bought it from in Lincolnshire. Found this on the internet.

Dealer collapse hits MG Rover

Posted by: Staff Writer in General News Monday, 15 January 2001 0

THERE have been further blows for the MG Rover network with Lancashire dealer SGL collapsing and the car maker announcing that it is raising parts prices.

TEXT: Station Garage (Leyland), which runs MG Rover outlets in Chorley, Leyland and Preston and sells Seat and Subaru in Chorley, called in administrators BDO Stoy Hayward just before Christmas, blaming “economic conditions which are buffeting the motor trade”. SGL, ranked 118 in the Top 200, had a turnover of more than £50m.
BDO Stoy Hayward partner Dermot Power said last week he had received a “raft of interest” in the businesses from dealers.
The increase in parts prices will also damage many dealers’ attempts to return to profit after the difficulties of 2000. MG Rover blames the fact that BMW retained ownership of the Longbridge powertrain and Swindon body pressing operations after Rover’s sale to the Phoenix consortium in May. This has meant that the new company now has to buy parts from BMW on the open market. MG Rover said that it was keeping the average price increase to 3.5 per cent.
But there was better news for MG Rover dealers following the announcement of an agreement with First National Motor Finance to supply dealer and customer finance.
Under BMW, Rover franchisees were obliged to deal with Rover Financial Services, a subsidiary of BMW Financial Services.
MG Rover has also unveiled examples of two new MGF variants. A 1.6-litre model will take the entry level to the range down while the Trophy 160 is a special edition version of the 1.8-litre model described by MG Rover’s product development director Rob Oldaker as giving the range “even better performance and handling”.
The company will also use the MG brand on sporty versions of its family cars, including a Rover 75 based model called the MG X10, to be released later in the year.

The dealer went into admin December 2001, and mine was registered 25 January 2001. I have an original key ring and tax disc holder and the front plate is still original.
That should read first registered 25 January 2002
2004 Vivaro LWB

Last edited by Peaklander; 31st July 2014 at 09:22.. Reason: Wrong date
Peaklander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 10:33   #242
pault75
Banned

rover 75

mine came from smc who still have some rovers for sale i think ?
pault75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 11:38   #243
modoc

Rover 75

T G Cars Blackwood (on the original number plate)
modoc is offline   Reply With Quote