Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th June 2014, 13:23   #21
GbRob
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon connoisseur

Default Mitsubishi delicia.

Just a thought but How about a mitsubishi delicia.
In budget and there is som good ones about.
Plus diesle and auto.
With option of four wheel drive for winter.
I've always liked the look of them as a proper bus.
GbRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 13:38   #22
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbmx View Post
Aye you can but the picasso are renowned for being hellishly unreliable & poorly built. Mazda 5 looks like a choice if I can stretch the budget a bit.
Congratulations!! Always great news to hear.

A friend of mine just got rid of his Mazda 5 as there wasn't enough room for 3 child seats side by side. He found he had to use the furthest back 2 seats of the 7 seater which meant he had no boot.....

We had a 52 Scenic but the middle seat isn't as big as the 2 outer ones although the newer Scenic is much better and your budget should get you a nice one around the 2004-5 bracket, the 1.6 petrols are much cheaper than diesel but renowned to need rebuilt around the 85k mark. Mine needed rebuilt twice. the electronics aren't the best, dashboard's, electronic park brake, and the key cards are regular failings. I know of an auto electrician that bases his business on these, buys faulty cars repairs them and sells on.

We also looked at the Picasso but roomy as they are I just didn't like the styling, the scenic seemed much better built. The newer Grand Picasso's are nice but pricey.

Kia Sedona or Hyundai Trajet? Very big and cheap but the VEL and fuel economy are higher.

You've just got to take the seats with you to trial fit!

Good luck.
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 13:40   #23
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbmx View Post
Another thought, are 75 tourer rear seat bolsters lower than ztt?

Edit - I should expand further on this. If the side bolsters on the seat back are smaller we may be able to fit 2 high backed booster seats & a baby seat in the middle.

I would rather keep the ZT-T and fit a 75 interior than buy a naff MPV.
Middle seat belt in the 75 tourer isn't long enough to fit a baby seat, we've tried.
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 19:40   #24
deanbmx
Gets stuck in

mg zt-t

I'm going to look at a peugeot 807 tomorrow. Not the first choice of motors but unless someone decides to give me another £3k to get a C4 grand picasso it will probably be one of the cars I would end up with.
deanbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 20:31   #25
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Not read the whole thread through- I have had a VW Sharran, VW T5, Kia Sedona and a Ford c-6 seater Max and now the 6 seater Zaffira. They all haver their pros and cons. The Zaffira is a good run about but too small for a real MPV.
The Sharran was the best all rounder with lots of space, but quite heavy-the Seat diesel would be my choice in this range.

For space, the Kia is the best, diesel not too bad and lots of toys. 2006 models and above are better-may fit in with your budget.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 21:11   #26
deanbmx
Gets stuck in

mg zt-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
Not read the whole thread through- I have had a VW Sharran, VW T5, Kia Sedona and a Ford c-6 seater Max and now the 6 seater Zaffira. They all haver their pros and cons. The Zaffira is a good run about but too small for a real MPV.
The Sharran was the best all rounder with lots of space, but quite heavy-the Seat diesel would be my choice in this range.

For space, the Kia is the best, diesel not too bad and lots of toys. 2006 models and above are better-may fit in with your budget.
Thanks for that, pretty much what I've been looking for.

The kia has never been on the list, I guess it's one of them cars you either love or hate & I cant say im a fan.

The seat alhambra would certainly be my pick out of the 3 available in that group but again they seem to have moon miles for £2-3k , yet I can get a Pug 807/citroen c8 with less than 80k miles for the same amount. I guess its because they don't have the best rep for reliability.
Old 16th June 2014, 17:45   #27
deanbmx
Gets stuck in

mg zt-t

Anyone have any experience on the c4 picasso & grand versions?