Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th November 2013, 09:42   #21
rover rob

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1mate View Post
You need to speak to Brian then. Does the in tank pump work?
Yes all fixed now thanks.

Both pumps are working fine so I put it down to a damp ECU.

Its worth mentioning that when the car refused to start the check engine light never once came on while cranking but now its fixed it always comes on while cranking and then goes out as the engine starts as it always did.

Once again many thanks for all the replies

Rob
rover rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 09:53   #22
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

When you mentioned water in the plenums, I thought the ecu must have got wet, you have been lucky this time ,it can cause much more difficult to solve problems. A note to yourself, check the chambers regular,the drain on the driver's side can only be accessed from underneath, if you can get the car on a pit or hoist, look behind the steering rack on the bulkhead for a rubber oval shape flap,lift it and poke some stiff wire through it to clear any blockage.
Old 10th November 2013, 17:33   #23
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
This is the HP pump regulator
Before going down this route, I would be tempted to see if turning the key to position 2, but not attempting to crank the car until 30 seconds have elapsed has any affect on the ability to start.
Also try James UK's suggestion to see if the car will fire up with a sniff of easy start.
If this is the case and the car continues to run once started, a leaking injector may be to blame.
If the car starts, then stops it almost certainly points to a defect in the LP fuel pump system, and/or DDE4 ECM fuel pump driver.

Best of luck

Brian

Sorry wrong word I meant regulatorI did say" if all else fails" because this was what was wrong with my car after I had tried every thing else.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2013, 11:34   #24
Blue Straggler
Avid contributor

MG Zt-T+

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Before going down this route, I would be tempted to see if turning the key to position 2, but not attempting to crank the car until 30 seconds have elapsed has any affect on the ability to start.
Also try James UK's suggestion to see if the car will fire up with a sniff of easy start.
If this is the case and the car continues to run once started, a leaking injector may be to blame.
Hi Brian. In your post as quoted above, are you suggesting a leaking injector for both James UK's suggestion AND your own, or only James'?

I had a non-starting Zt-T CDTi this morning and, in a rush, just did a search on this forum for "quick fixes", and putting the key to position 2 and waiting 30 secs did the trick (thanks for that!)
Been fine ever since - tested a few restarts before setting off, then went diving (COLD!) and the car was parked up for a couple of hours, fired up no problem when I got back to it.

If it doesn't misbehave in the next few days do you think I can get away with putting it down as "just one of those odd things" or should I be looking at the injector?

Fuel tank is full, car has got no other problems.

Cheers!
Blue Straggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 08:59   #25
Blue Straggler
Avid contributor

MG Zt-T+

(was fine this morning)
Blue Straggler is offline   Reply With Quote