Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2013, 20:16   #1
subjated

rover 75 connie SE auto (lpg)

Default multichanger not working

had the car a while now, its never worked but not really bothered me untill now (bit annoying not having a cd player) the PO said the magazine was a bit tricky to get in and out the changer but apperently its not difficult its impossible! the changer seems to do nothing and the head unit just says "no magazine" when it is in their (stuck in but in none the less) any ideas? fuse? if so what one?
cheers in advance
subjated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2013, 21:33   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by subjated View Post
had the car a while now, its never worked but not really bothered me untill now (bit annoying not having a cd player) the PO said the magazine was a bit tricky to get in and out the changer but apperently its not difficult its impossible! the changer seems to do nothing and the head unit just says "no magazine" when it is in their (stuck in but in none the less) any ideas? fuse? if so what one?
cheers in advance

This happens to me on a regular basis,It is fairly east to remove the changer and take it apart to release the stuck cartridge Sorry I dont have a How To.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 17:51   #3
tricia1470
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Hiya

I got this for the first time this morning tried to remove the magazine and it wont release although you can hear it trying too

Did you get this fixed or can anyone help

Trish
Old 17th April 2013, 17:55   #4
myrover2013
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE in copper leaf red

Try and spray some contact spray onto it , Hi tricia, mon the hibs
myrover2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 18:05   #5
tricia1470
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrover2013 View Post
Try and spray some contact spray onto it , Hi tricia, mon the hibs

Heehee Hiya hunny, cheers will over weekend preferable to Ross taking it to pieces lol
Old 17th April 2013, 18:36   #6
tricia1470
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Its okay smarty pants Ross sorted it with a shuggle (apparently a new techy term) LOL
Old 21st April 2013, 18:53   #7
Wadebridge007

ZT

Default CD Multichanger fault

Hi all

I've just joined this club and wondered if anyone had experienced the problem I have. My CD Multichanger has power and ejects the CD carrier every time the eject button is pressed. When no CD carrier is installed this is displayed on the highline window. When the carrier is loaded with 6 CDs and inserted into the CD player, a few whirring sounds are heard, but the disc does not seem to be selected and taken from the carrier into the player and the display on the highline does not recognise any discs as being present. This has happened a few times since I've owned the car from new, but in the past by ejecting the carrier and removing/re-installing the discs into the carrier, it has cured the problem. This time, however, it's not doing anything. I have removed the use to try and reset the Multichanger, but without success. I wondered if anyone had any ideas or do I need to source another CD Multichanger? The car is an MG ZT 190+ SE and the Multichanger was factory fitted. I do not know the make, but can probably research this if it helps.

Many thanks.
Wadebridge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 02:02   #8
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

When my CD cartridge got stuck I used to bash it with a rubber hammer handle, that shifts it...

Open the door, then hold the button down while you bash it, it should pop out OK..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote