Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd August 2012, 10:28   #131
Prilliant03
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 135

Incidentally, a Plymouth taxi driver is currently fighting to save his licence due to a very similar set of circumstances where a section of road had a new limit imposed following remodelling.

Where he would previously have been exiting a 30 limit into a 40, the limit was reduced and no signs installed to notify drivers of the change (technically no need to as the limits on both roads were now equal). Average speed cameras were also installed at the time. The poor guy triggered the same cameras on 4 separate occasions during a single night shift.

Tom Lehrer

Last edited by Prilliant03; 3rd August 2012 at 17:30.. Reason: Remove swear word evading filter
Prilliant03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:37   #132
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfie View Post
Hi Kirsty, in your post you quote a date of July 2009 for the speed limit change, that was 3 years ago. Sorry to sound a bit hard but if this is the first time you have been caught then I'd count yourself lucky.
Reading back through the early part of the thread, I read it as the speed limit was changed in July 2012. Is this a different road under discussion?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 15:51   #133
norfie
Avid contributor

Rover 75 1.8T saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Reading back through the early part of the thread, I read it as the speed limit was changed in July 2012. Is this a different road under discussion?
I have copied the passage from Kirsty's original post

''However like BlacknWhite I was also under the impression that the road was 40mph due to the fact that it had been for years and had been reduced to 30mph. I contacted Newcastle City Council to ask how they were notifying drivers that the speed limit had been reduced other than a speeding ticket through the post and received the response below.

In July 2009, the speed limit on West Denton Way was reduced from 40 MPH to 30 MPH to address road safety concerns. As West Denton Way has street lighting present and the appropriate signs are located where the speed limit changes, no additional signs are required, and the speed limit is legally enforceable.’''
norfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 18:41   #134
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

There is a road near me that was a national speed limit road and got reduced to 40, I drove down and they had removed the signs and the last sign i passed was a 40 sign so i thought to myself "hmm seems to be a 40 now" and carried on my journey.

Lesson - dont get complacent, roads change everyday, whether its potholes, conditions or speed limits, stay alert and stay safe folks.

We all make mistakes, but its best not to dwell, life is too short
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote