The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MG TF 'lost' immobiliser (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=279664)

humphshumphs 20th February 2018 06:01

MG TF 'lost' immobiliser

A friend of mine has an 03 plate TF, and at the end of last week, it decided to have a bit of a hissy fit regarding the immobiliser - the key fob lost connection to it.

No problem, he thought, change battery in fob, and re-sync. Err no, it wont re-sync, just sets off the alarm.

Tried a 30 minute battery off, and it's the same. Tried a battery off all weekend, and still the same.

Contacted a company to get a EKA code, only to be told that as the car dealer who sold it didn't fully do the paperwork, no code can be given.

He's a little but peeved to say the least. Any ideas how we can get his car back to being a car other than a very large paperweight? :bowdown:

Cheers all

Mike Noc 20th February 2018 07:36

If my experience is anything to go by Richard getting hold of the EKA code won't do you any good.

It sounds like the key fob has bought the farm. Technozen (Paul) on the Dark Side has a wealth of experience with the Pektron BCU's.

When I had a similar problem I ended up posting both remotes and the Pektron to him and he supplied two new remote coded units which worked perfectly at a very reasonable cost, and with a very fast turnaround.

Bit more info here in the thread I posted when it happened:

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=253480

humphshumphs 20th February 2018 07:55

Cheers for that Mike :bowdown:

I've past the info on, and hopefully his TF will be sorted :)

SKS Disco 20th February 2018 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by humphshumphs (Post 2597891)
Contacted a company to get a EKA code, only to be told that as the car dealer who sold it didn't fully do the paperwork, no code can be given.

Cheers all

Tosh.
Any Xpart dealer can supply the EKA code for a 03 TF.

If you PM me your VIN, I will check it is available first.

humphshumphs 20th February 2018 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKS Disco (Post 2597948)
Tosh.

It's a friends car, and I think he has already looked at getting the EKA code, and it wasn't available.

Thanks anyway

SKS Disco 20th February 2018 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by humphshumphs (Post 2597993)
It's a friends car, and I think he has already looked at getting the EKA code, and it wasn't available.

Thanks anyway

Hi,
As I said, if he wants I can probably sort it for him. Don't take any notice of some things you hear ;)

humphshumphs 20th February 2018 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKS Disco (Post 2598001)
Hi,
As I said, if he wants I can probably sort it for him. Don't take any notice of some things you hear ;)

Have sent you a PM :bowdown::bowdown:

marinabrian 20th February 2018 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKS Disco (Post 2597948)
Tosh.

Unless it's been changed that is Stu ;)

Brian :D

humphshumphs 20th February 2018 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2598013)

Anything is possible .... :D:D

steve-45 20th February 2018 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2598013)

When I took my 45 to Technozen to have my stolen key divorced from the alarm system and a couple of new keys enabled he told me what my EKA code was and offered to change it to one of my likening.