The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Weedy interior lights (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315846)

Kroll 15th October 2021 15:48

Weedy interior lights

I’m finding the interior courtesy lights a little weedy, are there any easy mods one can make to them? I was thinking brighter bulbs or something?

suzublu 15th October 2021 15:55

Led's mate:cool: https://i.imgur.com/YTZfJekl.jpg

BillyMG 15th October 2021 16:23

Do you get sunglasses with them?

Rp61973 15th October 2021 16:59

I have older LEDs in mine which are now showing their age - not very bright at all.

Can anyone recommend some bright T10s?

suzublu 15th October 2021 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyRover (Post 2903777)
Do you get sunglasses with them?

Only if you want to look cool:cool::cool::cool::D

clf 15th October 2021 17:59

2 Attachment(s)
I have had THESE for the past 3 or 4 years. They claim to be canbus compatible, but the ones I received were not - but this is fine for the interior lights.

Xenon white for the overhead, and blue 12" strips wired in series for the floor.

The floor lighting has helped me a number of times when I have dropped things, much more beneficial than I was expecting.

Kroll 15th October 2021 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2903796)
I have had THESE for the past 3 or 4 years. They claim to be canbus compatible, but the ones I received were not - but this is fine for the interior lights.

Xenon white for the overhead, and blue 12" strips wired in series for the floor.

The floor lighting has helped me a number of times when I have dropped things, much more beneficial than I was expecting.

Thanks, where did you wire the floor lighting into?

clf 15th October 2021 19:29

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kroll (Post 2903799)
Thanks, where did you wire the floor lighting into?

just into the interior lights. You can make it as complicated or as easy as you wish (coming on with all the lights - one wire down to the floor, with an earth from the fuse box area, or one corner by using the switched feeds - four wires).

Use T-Cut's brilliant (as always lol) How Tos HERE

I fitted them whilst I was 'upgrading' the electric seats, as the wiring was present, hand brake compensator and stereo. With the seats and centre console/lower dash out it was a doddle.

One thing to bear in mind, using LEDs will limit the fading effect of the lights. They will fade for approx half the time, before extinguishing.

Also wired in a 1m LED strip into the boot too (easy - simply tap into the existing wiring for the boot light)

stevestrat 15th October 2021 21:49

Brilliant white LEDs look ok in a ZT but they're too harsh for a 75. A 75 needs "mellower" lighting.

Kroll 16th October 2021 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2903810)
just into the interior lights. You can make it as complicated or as easy as you wish (coming on with all the lights - one wire down to the floor, with an earth from the fuse box area, or one corner by using the switched feeds - four wires).

Use T-Cut's brilliant (as always lol) How Tos HERE

I fitted them whilst I was 'upgrading' the electric seats, as the wiring was present, hand brake compensator and stereo. With the seats and centre console/lower dash out it was a doddle.

One thing to bear in mind, using LEDs will limit the fading effect of the lights. They will fade for approx half the time, before extinguishing.

Also wired in a 1m LED strip into the boot too (easy - simply tap into the existing wiring for the boot light)

Fantastic, might have to give that a go. Looks like you’ve got a decent sound system set up in there too!