Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th April 2009, 15:03   #1
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Default iPod & Hi-Line (NAV-TV option)

I have also been looking at options for connecting an MP3 to my car. I would also like to be able to play some films (MP4 format) as TV reception is not so good here. Talking to shops here a year or so ago the two best device options were the iPod (lots of memory & easy navigation but a proprietary video format designed to make you buy films from them) and the Archos which is much better for video but which had a max. of only 4 or 6Gb of memory at the time. (You need to allow 5 Gb per film.)

The only vehicle option seems to be the NAV-TV Vehicle-dock

For the R75 / ZT with Hi-Line system you need the vehicle dock plus two other parts an AV interface to the tuner and a Video in Motion connection (~£344 in all).
The VIM part is needed to allow display on other screens which can be plugged into the vehicle dock. It can be switched off whilst driving to stay legal, via the auto- reverse button.

The unit connects to the TV module input so that sound is only mono. It has its own navigation menu similar to that of the iPod on the head unit. However, navigation is only via their remote control handset, so it is no use for a driver.

I've decided against buying this and am now looking at the Denison Gateway, but it might be of interest to members who want to use multiple screens or who don't mind the mono sound.

NAV-TV are based on the edge of Cardiff and operate via a network of local dealers. (I spoke to my local one but all the info, they had was a small catalogue & product selection chart, which was less than I had found on the internet.) They are prepared to let you visit the factory & give car specific advice there but only Mon.-Fri. 0900-1700. They can be difficult to get a response from by e-mail (although it was near the time of a major ICE show when I tried) but are much better on the phone.

Regards,
Kearton

Edit: Corrected the amount of memory to allow per film.

Last edited by Kearton; 27th April 2009 at 20:04..
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 16:14   #2
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

Have you seen this http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php...=600&Itemid=88 i've not investigated it, only saw it in passing but it might be an option, cheapaer too!
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:22   #3
biggles
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 conn

I got tired of not finding the ipod interface box that filled my requirements so I I am now building a car-pc solution that integrates with the Hi Line instead. It is actually not that difficult but there is a fair share of work and money involved.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:31   #4
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
I got tired of not finding the ipod interface box that filled my requirements so I I am now building a car-pc solution that integrates with the Hi Line instead. It is actually not that difficult but there is a fair share of work and money involved.
Erik

I'm really happy with my HD3BT head unit but I'd still like to see what you come up with in terms of a car PC specifically for the 75 / ZT

I do hope you'll let us all know?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 20:27   #5
biggles
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 conn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Erik

I'm really happy with my HD3BT head unit but I'd still like to see what you come up with in terms of a car PC specifically for the 75 / ZT

I do hope you'll let us all know?
Sure will Paul.

I alpha tested the setup in the car a few weeks back but regrettably I didn't take any pictures though. Everything works very well but I need to invest in a better PC due to usability and sound quality issues with the scrap laptop I have now.

Probably better I'll revive another thread on the subject.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote