Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd November 2011, 16:13   #1
andythedrum
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer (Diesel)

Default Removal of CD mutlichanger in glovebox

I recently connected a device to control my iPhone/iPod so I disconnected the CD mutlichanger in the glovebox.

As I don't have use for it anymore, it would be nice to free up some space in the glovebox. I've had a quick look at trying to remove it but it looks like it could be opening a bag of worms!

Anyone else tried this?
andythedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:41   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Pretty easy.How i did mine, open glovebox & squeaze the hinges together to allow lid to drop flat.You should see some torx screws on the top edge,remove these.In the cubby above the glovebox,push back the carpet at the front edge,it's glued btw,to reveal a further 3 i think, torx screws.Remove these & then the glovebox should be able to slide out.My cd changer was bolted through the base of the glovebox with 8mm nuts & bolts.Simply undo & remove, & rejoice in the space you can fill with something useful
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:46   #3
Thorfin
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi & MG ZS 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Pretty easy.How i did mine, open glovebox & squeaze the hinges together to allow lid to drop flat.You should see some torx screws on the top edge,remove these.In the cubby above the glovebox,push back the carpet at the front edge,it's glued btw,to reveal a further 3 i think, torx screws.Remove these & then the glovebox should be able to slide out.My cd changer was bolted through the base of the glovebox with 8mm nuts & bolts.Simply undo & remove, & rejoice in the space you can fill with something useful
I just dropped the trim under the glovebox (two large plastic screw things, twist them 90 degrees and it drops down) then undid the four bolts and disconnect the changer plug, then open the glove box as you would normally, lift cd changer and remove... - My changer has stopped working... no idea why, it just won't eject the cassette...
Thorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:49   #4
vitesse-chris
Gets stuck in

Megane RS F1 R26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfin View Post
I just dropped the trim under the glovebox (two large plastic screw things, twist them 90 degrees and it drops down) then undid the four bolts and disconnect the changer plug, then open the glove box as you would normally, lift cd changer and remove... - My changer has stopped working... no idea why, it just won't eject the cassette...
This is how how done mine, very easy!
vitesse-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:49   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Couldn't get at the back bolts on mine without taking box outGuess the factory wanted a laugh Your method is obviously the easiest
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:04   #6
andythedrum
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer (Diesel)

That's awesome. Thanks guys. I'll give it a blast tomorrow in the daylight.
andythedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:47   #7
tcable
Avid contributor

Quote:
I dont mean to hijack, but i know the answer to this, one of the cd holders has been caught at a funny angle, usually a swift hit on the front of the cd casette whilst pushing eject frees it up.

Mine did this about a year ago and has never done it since
tcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:14   #8
cabbers
Retired

62-reg Suzuki SX4 SZ5 1.6i AWD / 07-reg Audi S3 2.0 T FSI Quattro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcable View Post
I dont mean to hijack, but i know the answer to this, one of the cd holders has been caught at a funny angle, usually a swift hit on the front of the cd casette whilst pushing eject frees it up.

I have to agree with tcable - the same happened to mine about 2 months ago. i tried everything to get the cd cassette to release but i could not get it to release, so like tcable i held the release button and hit the front of it with the end of a screwdriver and it popped straight out, i have had no trouble with it since
cabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:01   #9
Mike V
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Thanks for posting the answer to this guys.
I too have upgraded my cd player so will be removing my changer tomorrow hopefully!
Mike V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 11:42   #10
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcable View Post

Mine is coming up with no magazine and it wont eject a pain in the but
Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote