Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > MG Rover Custom Car Parts (Rick-Sta's) Shop
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th July 2020, 13:16   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default GOOD NEWS! Brand new IPK LCD now available with new improved design!

BRAND NEW AND IMPROVED ROVER 75/MG ZT IPK LCD SCREENS NOW AVAILABLE!!!

PRICE £130 SUPPLIED AND FITTED WITH 12 MONTH WARRANTY WITH FACTORY. TAKING ORDERS ON 1ST 100PCs BEING MADE.

After hours and hours of time spent over the last 2 years trying to get new IPK LCD screens re-manufactured after the last supply dried up, we have finally succeeded in making these available again!

After not having much luck with LCD screen manufacturers in the UK, mainland Europe and US either due to lack of data on the original IPK LCD screens, or minimum order requirements of 1000pcs + high tooling costs which just wasn’t viable, I’ve been working closely with the factory who supplied the previous brand new IPK screens over the last 18 months to manufacture brand new replacements after the old stock ran out 2 years ago.

Biggest stumbling block was finding data on the pin out and IC driver for the original screens which the factory could not find any information on at all, same issue the EU and US manufacturers I contacted stumbled on as well. After many hours of detective work and research (amazing what you can find online if you look for long enough lol) I was able to locate part numbers and datasheets for the original components used for the screens. Believe it or not but the same IC driver was used in a Toshiba calculator in the 1980’s! This vital data made it possible to have these screens re-manufactured.

NEW IMPROVED DESIGN!

I’ve had the factory look into the cause of the lines on the IPK screens and look for a possible solution to resolve this issue. The lines appear on the old screens due to the chip bonding process used called Tape Automated Bonding which I’ve been told isn’t a processed widely used anymore due to the risk to solder integrity we have found on our cars. The new re-manufactured screens do not use this old process, replaced with a much more reliable design using flexible printer cable material and copper soldered connections.

I’ve been receiving samples to test over the last 4 months, and after some amendments and improvements to the screen clarity and contrast, these are now ready for fitting. I’ve currently been running one on my ZT and our 75 for some time now and very happy with the finished product.

PRICE:
These new IPK LCD screens are £130 supplied and fitted. At this price I’ve agreed a 12 month warranty period with the factory as well.

I’m currently having a batch of 100pcs made, which are expected to be ready and with me in September. So I am taking pre-orders on these on first come first serve basis. I’ve already got a list of 66 names down for those who put their names down a couple years ago when I thought I may be able to get more screens, all who I will be contacting directly if they’d still like to order one.

FITTING:
I highly recommend sending in your instrument cluster to have the screen fitted, as it is not an easy DIY fit (so DIY fitting isn’t recommended unless you are very competent with soldering and have the de-soldering and soldering tools requires). The micro connections on the LCD screen require soldering to the board, and if not done correctly the screen will not work. If a contact is broken during the fitting process the screen fails and is no longer useable.

Once the screen you’ve ordered is here, you can either book in to bring your 75/ZT to me to have the screen fitted, or you can send the cluster to me via post. Return postage for the postal option is £11 special delivery via Royal Mail. I accept clusters worldwide for repairs/screen replacements so if you require a return postage quote for outside of the UK let me know.

If you would like to order one or more screens, let me know below and I will send you the order and payment details via PM.

Been a long old process but glad these are finally available again

How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2020, 13:25   #2
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Thumbs up

Nice one Rick, I'm well happy with my new IPK screen which was one of the last lot you managed to get hold of. Good news for those after a new screen rather than a de-line.

Martyn.
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2020, 15:45   #3
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire View Post
Nice one Rick, I'm well happy with my new IPK screen which was one of the last lot you managed to get hold of. Good news for those after a new screen rather than a de-line.

Martyn.
Cheers Martyn, glad to hear your replacement screen from the previous batch is still going strong. Must have been around end of 2018 I fitted that one?
Old 16th July 2020, 21:14   #4
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Cheers Martyn, glad to hear your replacement screen from the previous batch is still going strong. Must have been around end of 2018 I fitted that one?
You have a good memory Rick, it was 14th, Nov 2018. I can't remember what I did yesterday lol. Might be sending some business your way soon, a friend of mine is getting his first 75 a Cowley one in white gold iirc, he's wanting to personalize the IPK lighting and dial cards and exterior front lighting.

I've suggested that he contact you when he's ready to discuss things, so he'll must likely be in touch in the near future as we're picking it up this weekend.

Regards,

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2020, 12:35   #5
Rick-sta
This is my second home

I remember roughly when I done the previous batches

Ah nice one cheers no problem can pop me a message on here or via my facebook page when he's ready

Cheers!
Rick
Old 17th July 2020, 14:41   #6
PerciUrwin
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default NEW IPK PLease

Hi Rick,

I cant remember whether or not I'm already on your list for a new IPK.

If not , please can you add me to your list for a replacement item.

Rather than sending you the binnacle , I'll drive to yours and wait while you swap it over.

Let me know when you have them in September , but definitely book me in please.

Yours,

John Urwin.
(PerciUrwin).
Old 17th July 2020, 15:58   #7
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerciUrwin View Post
Hi Rick,

I cant remember whether or not I'm already on your list for a new IPK.

If not , please can you add me to your list for a replacement item.

Rather than sending you the binnacle , I'll drive to yours and wait while you swap it over.

Let me know when you have them in September , but definitely book me in please.

Yours,

John Urwin.
(PerciUrwin).
Replied to your PM
Old 24th August 2020, 15:20   #8
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Still some available
Old 24th August 2020, 16:29   #9
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Default IPK Replacement and fitting

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your reply to my PM today, Please put me down for one and fitting please. No doubt you will be announcing when you have received them.

Thanks

GeoffWW

Last edited by GeoffWW; 24th August 2020 at 16:32..
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2020, 19:45   #10
MDMH757
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Rick-Sta,

please can you add my name to the list for a new IPK Screen if still available.

Best regards

Maurice
MDMH757 is offline   Reply With Quote