Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th November 2019, 13:33   #21
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

I have DMGRS Hydramount on my CDTi, I hoped it might be better than the Yellow slotted PowerFlex bush, but actually its no different at all .

Also found the DMGRS mount was also 20mm taller than the original but that might be the old one being a bit squashed ??

C.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2019, 13:38   #22
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Cheers, it's on now. Did have difficulty in lining up the four bolts that attach the alloy joining block onto the engine (the other end of which goes over the top of the hydramount).

It's all good now, though winding those 4 bolts up to 73 ft lbs was scary (and hard work for an old bloke).

JohnnyBG
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2020, 23:08   #23
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

I am posting just to bring this thread up to date, after doing some searching today i found these, hydro mounts below, from a well known seller so i presume they are the correct part?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-...97.m4902.l9144

PS ok i have sent a message to the above seller here is part of the answer.

(Ours are imported from SAIC in China so if you consider them as the owner of MG genuine or aftermarket i'm not really sure, we don't say they are genuine for that reasons, ( there were originally 2 sets of tooling 1 for petrol and 1 for diesel but the Diesel one was worn out so the last I heard was there is only 1 set of tooling so only having the stamped number of the KKB101914 in it. The product we sell does have a sloshing sound if you shake it.)

I have asked for confirmation that both the KKB101914/ 7 the KKB101923 make this sloshing sound, as this is now getting quite confusing as some do & some don't also regarding the tooling how would they know how to change the compound needed for the diesel?

I will wait and see the next reply.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 2nd July 2020 at 09:09.. Reason: rectification
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 07:20   #24
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default No, you were right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1966 View Post
As embarrassing as it is to admit it, rather than leave incorrect info out on the web I would like to retract my statement regarding colour codes for the RH hydramount. The more I think about it the more I wonder if the colours I mention are for the 25/45/ZR/ZS range of mounts. I worked on everything during the Longbridge MG/Rover years. I worked solely on the 75 from 96-99 but this was 20 years ago. In my mind I can see other colours also, and we used colours to differentiate between prototype mounts of differing stiffness during development and have doubts about what was what. Also I seem to recall the base of the hydramount having a stamped letter. I wonder if this dictates the fitment. If anyone has a factory fitted (not replacement) mount that they have removed from a 1.8, V6 and diesel that would confirm the existence/letter used. Regarding the relative stiffnesses, I'm happy about that and the statement about suitability still stands.

Steve.
It's the first time I've read this thread and your memories of the mounts, you were correct about the colour dots as this one has the Yellow one. The only difference is that the mount was off a pre production V6, it also has the wire. I expect it was just chosen at random to be on the car as it was earmarked for St Helens college to be used as a learning tool. The vin tags shown are from that car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200629_080237.jpg (139.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 20200629_080248.jpg (104.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4954.jpg (65.6 KB, 47 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2021, 18:04   #25
Royster
Regular poster

MG ZT

Default Hydramount for Diesel MZT

Good evening all

I'll be taking the MG off the road for March when the road fund expires to complete a few jobs.

Is the hydramount for the Freelander TD4 mentioned previously still considered a good, reliable and cost-effective replacement?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER...19.m1438.l2649

Royster
Royster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2021, 11:23   #26
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Also found the DMGRS mount was also 20mm taller than the original but that might be the old one being a bit squashed ??

C.
Sounds like it's a Freelander one, they're taller

A few years ago a friend just down the road from me got an original Freelander one to replace his and sent it back.

At the time original diesel ones were still available although more expensive, he'd tried to save a few bob but it didn't work out

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote