Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th January 2012, 11:05   #1
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts
Thumbs up The Blubber Club.

Ok here is my idea and why iv,e had it .
I went to the doc 3 weeks ago and she had a set of scales on the floor which i popped on and was shocked to to see i was 17 st 4lbs.

I tend to eat what i want without overeating but i dont expend energy at my job so over the years it has caught up with me , iv,e always been overweight but this is out of control and iv,e started to change my eating habits ever since i got back from the docs .
She also made me aware that at 55 i was putting my health at risk so iv,e decided to set myself a target of 15 st 4 lbs before i try and get it down further.

My 2nd wife ran a slimming club and without a doubt being in a group of slimmers helps keep you on target so this is my idea !!!

We could have a thread (this thread) where we can support each other and put in ideas to help each other ie what foods we have ditched and what new stuff we are eating etc .

I think the BLUBBER CLUB is a good name for the thread and keeps the fun element going .

An online club where we can post when and if we like .

I weigh myself on a wednesday as my wife and daughter have joined me to slim down , i,m down to 17 st so ive lost 4lb and i want to take it slow so i,m happy with that .

Ive cut the beer out and sugary drinks and im eating fruit and cereals and making healthy veggie soup which my family love , i still have some treats but no chocolate or sweets .

My next weigh in is wednesday so fingers crossed , so come on folks post up what your doing and the thread can roll.

Last edited by FLYER; 30th January 2012 at 11:08..
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 11:15   #2
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Hi George.

Good man.

Whilst I have not been to the doctor I had also been creeping up and started a diet at the turn of the year.

My starting weight after Christmas was a ridiculous 17st 3lbs.

So far my results are as follows:

Date...... Weight...... Loss... Cumulative Loss
3.1.12.... 17' 3"......... -................ -
9.1.12.... 16' 13" .......-4 ...............-4
16.1.12... 16' 10" .......-3 ...............-7
23.1.12... 16' 7"......... -3 ..............-10
30.1.12....16' 4"......... -3 ..............-13

I have fluctuated with my weight for years so really need to make an effort.

I have cut out the sweets and pizzas and reduced to a smaller lunch at work. I will keep this updated as we go along on this together George.

My weigh in is a Monday morning.

Best of luck mate. The club will be ideal for support hopefully.

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.

Last edited by derekosb; 30th January 2012 at 11:18..
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 11:39   #3
FLYER
Banned

Thats a great start derek , i hope to lose about 4lbs a week till i get to my first target of 15 st 4lbs , i tucked in at the HAWES inn on friday but i think you need to have treats to stop giving up the diet , i,m lucky in that i love fruit and veg so it,s a plus factor for me.
Old 30th January 2012, 11:46   #4
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post

My starting weight after Christmas was a ridiculous 17st 3lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
i,m down to 17 st so ive lost 4lb and i want to take it slow so i,m happy with that .
I had no idea that both of you were this weight..
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 11:48   #5
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

15st 7lbs and doing nothing about it apart from walking our new dog. We rescued him two weeks ago and my weight was 15st 10lbs so three pounds in two weeks does me We walk about four miles a day in total whatever the weather

Hopefully it will settle to about 1lb a week so in six months I may be around 13.5st which means yet another trip to the shops for new clothes
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 11:54   #6
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
I had no idea that both of you were this weight..
i was taken aback paul and frankly a bit worried , i knew i was well over my body weight but jeez , i dont want to depart this life before my time so i,m deffo doing something about it .
Trying to lose weight is hard but having others with the same goal is a great help .
Old 30th January 2012, 11:57   #7
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
15st 7lbs and doing nothing about it apart from walking our new dog. We rescued him two weeks ago and my weight was 15st 10lbs so three pounds in two weeks does me We walk about four miles a day in total whatever the weather

Hopefully it will settle to about 1lb a week so in six months I may be around 13.5st which means yet another trip to the shops for new clothes
good system ken , ive been walking with my daughter but the weather here can be grim .
Old 30th January 2012, 12:20   #8
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
good system ken , ive been walking with my daughter but the weather here can be grim .
I put on a couple of stone after our last dog died two years ago. It's taken us this long to get another so now hopefully it will come off. Walking without a reason is so boring for me.

I am under the diabetic clinic and have six monthly checkups and my last cholesterol check was 4.4 so not to bothered about getting the weight off quickly.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 12:41   #9
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I put on a couple of stone after our last dog died two years ago. It's taken us this long to get another so now hopefully it will come off. Walking without a reason is so boring for me.

I am under the diabetic clinic and have six monthly checkups and my last cholesterol check was 4.4 so not to bothered about getting the weight off quickly.
oh i,m in no rush to get the weight off i just want to get my eating habits changed then see how i progress , BTW i draw the line at a dog as i aint a doggy person , i,m a slave to a mad cat called of all things POPPY.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:58   #10
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Gone from just short of 23 stone to now 19st 10 in 2.5 months, however I have been cheating

Been on a drug called Victoza which is for my Diabetes, it acts an appetite suppressant, apparently, a lot of diabetics dont have a chemical in the brain to tell them they are full and eat till physically full, this drug releases this chemical.

Anyway its working for me, even though I suppose its cheating

Simon
sikelsh is offline   Reply With Quote