Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd March 2016, 20:36   #11
longer86
Taking time out

R75

I posted above all lights which can be turned on about 30 seconds as follow Home functions, i not sure but probably there is option i BCU to set How long light stay on
longer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:42   #12
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
Tail lights on? I know nothing about this. Please explain
It is the 9th one on the list here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
No that is something different, I know about that and use it to find my way out of the garage when its dark. With headlights on, switch ignition off, then the lights - just the headlights stay on for a few seconds to 'see you home'...............
Sorry Harry, I misunderstood - mine does the same.
Before I had my headlight delay enabled, I am sure that switching off the ignition / engine, with the headlights switched on, the main lights went off straight away and it reverted to side lights.

Another feature, for everyone, is the parking light feature, using the indicator stalk.
After the ignition has been switched off, this will illuminate the side lights on the selected side only.
i.e. Right indicator position will light offside side lights and left indicator will illuminate the nearside ones.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:09   #13
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Thanks guys.

Bob, Im confused by your last paragraph regarding the parking light....would you mind breaking it down for idiots like me? Thanks.
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:23   #14
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
The BCU can leave any light turned on: main beam, dipped beam, Rear lights, STOP ligts, even reg plate number light or instrument cluster dials
Now that all looks very interesting

Originally just the dipped headlights were to have this function, but the tail lights and number plate lamps were then also given the option of the delay feature before production started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
I posted above all lights which can be turned on about 30 seconds as follow Home functions, i not sure but probably there is option i BCU to set How long light stay on
Originally the 'see you home' lights option was to have an adjustable delay set by the dealer of between 20-180 seconds, with a default of 30.

But in production just a standard 30 seconds delay was enabled, not adjustable. Shame as I would have liked a longer delay option, the programme wipe is adjustable, so why couldn't this have been too, as originally intended

EDIT: Another note - the 30 seconds delay period starts from engine off, not light switch turn off. After, 30 seconds, if you turn the switch off then the lights turn off without a delay.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:58   #15
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Bob, Im confused by your last paragraph regarding the parking light....would you mind breaking it down for idiots like me? Thanks.
If you go out to your car now, and press the indicator stalk to signal right, it should illuminate the right hand side light and tail light.
The same thing should happen if you signal left and will illuminate the nearside lights.

I hope so, that is what my car does.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 00:17   #16
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Harry ..... Read the manual .. there are lots of other interesting things there ,like use of horn, how to lock doors etc ...
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 09:20   #17
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
If you go out to your car now, and press the indicator stalk to signal right, it should illuminate the right hand side light and tail light.
The same thing should happen if you signal left and will illuminate the nearside lights.

I hope so, that is what my car does.
Thanks. So what would be the benefit of this exactly?
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 10:05   #18
Ken Lion
Gets stuck in

R75 2.0 CDT Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Thanks. So what would be the benefit of this exactly?
For on-road parking for short periods at night - with the illuminated side facing outwards.
Supposedly to help other road users to see your car and so avoid clobbering it.
Ken Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 11:48   #19
longer86
Taking time out

R75

There is possibility to set time but not on t4 probably
longer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2019, 23:24   #20
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lion View Post
For on-road parking for short periods at night - with the illuminated side facing outwards.
Supposedly to help other road users to see your car and so avoid clobbering it.

The parking light feature is a left over from the olden days. It used to be a requirement that if you were parked at the side of the road you had to put your parking light on.
This was a small beacon light that clipped over the top of your window which you then wound up it had a clear lens facing forward and a red lens facing rearward with a 3 watt bulb inside the unit. There was a cable attached to a two pin plug which you plugged into the parking light socket under the dash board.
Back in those days we did not have indicators we had trafficators which came up in a semefore action from between the front and rear doors with either a yellow or amber illuminated lens on the bottom of it. These were usually controlled by a mechanical controlled timer switch mounted on the top of the dash board.
Some times I miss my old cars with simple things like column gear shifts and push button starter switches. And if the battery was weak you just put the ignition on, put the starting handle in through the slot in the bumper, in gauge it in the dog on the crank shaft pulley, then turned the engine over by hand usually it would start first or second crank.
Gone are the days.
Alan
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote