Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th December 2015, 08:00   #11
itnorfolk

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I have not read all the thread as I'm on my phone and reception is terrible! Is your slave cylinder ok?
Hey,
I'm not sure if it would be the slave as the clutch works fine, its just that half the gearbox works and half doesnt
Old 18th December 2015, 08:06   #12
itnorfolk

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.
Definitely a linkage/cable problem. Sorry I didn't see the thread earlier. It's also not clutch related. If you could have selected all the gears with the engine stopped I would say there is a clutch problem, in your case no.
There is most likely a stretched cable. wear in the linkage somewhere or even something loose. A friend had the exact same troubles and it was something loose to do with cables and linkage, I can speak to him tonight for you though.
Hey,
I spoke to a guy local to me who only deals with Rovers (breakers etc) and told him the situation. He replied with:

Quote:
Hi. I cant really see it would be the cables if they aren't broke I cant see it would be them, the shifter could be worn but it is unusual. I have a gear stick unit here, but I sold the only set of cables I had Monday and that's the first set I've sold. The gearstick unit thing fixes up under car so need to take exhaust off or drop down. They are a bit of a pain to fit.
So if I replace the gearshifter and the cables with these replacement ones do you think that will fix the issue?

If I can buy just the cables brand new then surely I wouldnt need to buy the whole unit - can the cables not just be removed and refitted or isn't it as easy as that?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by itnorfolk; 18th December 2015 at 08:10..
itnorfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 15:38   #13
carl_z_t
Gets stuck in

MGZT190+

I have a selector with cables off a v6 you can have if you come take it off ,the shaft has been chopped down by a inch but can change to yours ,I'm down the road in Ipswich
carl_z_t is offline   Reply With Quote