Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th January 2019, 16:34   #9051
RoverLord
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I have been on the website for the ambient lights and it says that it is not delivered to GB? Any ideas?
brother,

head over to the UK version of Amazon. This link is for Germany.

These sets are all from China anyway. Here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Justech-Mul...ient+light+car

The reviews speaks for itself.

Here is a fine gentleman reviewing one of these sets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfJdK_DZxpM

I saw that and just thought about the great red light we do have on the Rover 75! Imagine that while driving in the dark, listening to some lounge or fancy Jazz music! You can't beat that!
RoverLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 20:59   #9052
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Contemplating a new car, came out of a factory after luxuriating in a background ambient temperature of 39 degrees Celsius.

Opened the boot to put my tools in, machine gunning, no problem, so it's cold outside -3.5 degrees, in go the tools, unlock the boot again, close boot, start car, FBH boots into life, scrape windscreen, then scrape on the inside

Why the inside, well because the blower motor has gone on strike, and there is nothing more frustrating than having a fully functioning FBH and not being able to enjoy it

I've come to the conclusion it's at end of life, I've better things to do with my time.

Anyone fancy a ZT before I chop it in against a decent car

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 21:04   #9053
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverLord View Post
Gentlemen,

I just bought an ambient light set on Amazon! I always loved the red light we do have on the Rover 75. So why not extending that inside the car?

You can get these for 16 Euros:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, I love when the car smells good. But not with these non-classy hanging trees. No! I got myself this one:

It is with magnets and silicone. Very easy to open and refill the sponge.

Will let you know how the lighting looks when it arrives.
Been done https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=87372
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 23:06   #9054
marinabrian

MG ZT

Well I've been out and pulled the ECM out, and removed the pollen filter, and it is possible to rotate the fan freely.

So with the ignition on, and the ATC turned on, the fan bursts into life, so box it all up, turn it on and........nowt

Next step was to pull out the pollen filter again, throw it into the boot, and obtain the longest screwdriver in my toolkit, ignition on, torch in gob, screwdriver poked through and kick started the motor.

So as these are a DC motor with brushes, and metering the input cable, which in itself is a complete and utter ballache, requiring the removal of the glovebox, heater enclosure panel and measuring on one side from the speed control transistor, and the other on the 12v supply inward from the fan relay in the engine compartment revealed a sound electrical supply, it can be safely said that the brushes are worn out

What a complete and utter nightmare these things are, come the spring the 416 will be my daily, and no more R40's, I'm going to scrap the lot

Brian
Old 31st January 2019, 16:28   #9055
Rover 75 Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourers(4)400turs(3

Default things I did to my 75 to day

De iced inside and out parked up and used a super warm R8 416 instead, Brian do likewise and you will be pleased
Rover 75 Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 21:18   #9056
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

The old heap made it to Fife and back! Another litre of oil and a coolant top up and it performed faultlessly. It's utterly covered in salt now though and this picture was only half the journey, might have to wash it in the first time of my ownership.

Note: Been away a while, after months of life kicking me in the balls I'm glad to say the plans to do up the ZT and supercharger project should resume in the next few months.

Old 31st January 2019, 21:31   #9057
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Another couple of jobs completed on the Connie today . I needed to replace a loose side repeater that had a damaged clip and needed replace the two plastic panels in the front corners of the bumper that fix to the wheel arch liners. To obtain replacements I travelled down the road to Hartlepool to make the acquaintance with Gary Nelson ( now there's a man with patience when it comes to the R40 !) Once one was removed from a donor car at -1 and another found in the workshop and a nominal sum exchanged , I headed home to fit them realising during the job that we had picked two N/S panels ! I jumped in the tourer this time and raced back to get the correct part . I'm pleased I did as one of Gary's old mates had called in and he was a fondly remembered old work colleague of mine who I'd lost touch with nearly Twenty years ago when I was an MOT tester for Halfords. After a brief catch up I headed home to complete the jobs just before the snow arrived. The car is now ready for a drive up to the Highland of Scotland for a weeks break. A huge thank you to Brian for sorting out my crank pulley and drive belts last week ,which were discovered to be on their last legs !

Last edited by patrolman pete; 31st January 2019 at 21:33.. Reason: Missing word.
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 21:55   #9058
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
The old heap made it to Fife and back! Another litre of oil and a coolant top up and it performed faultlessly. It's utterly covered in salt now though and this picture was only half the journey, might have to wash it in the first time of my ownership.

Note: Been away a while, after months of life kicking me in the balls I'm glad to say the plans to do up the ZT and supercharger project should resume in the next few months.

Brilliant to see you back posting again Jack, I drove past your place the other day while avoiding the SIlverlink roadworks and considered popping in to see you.

Catch up with you soon

Brian
Old 1st February 2019, 16:13   #9059
Gunnerhavesome
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Con SE, Range Rover P38 4.6 for my Russian winter home

Location: France Feb to October/Sevastopol Crimea November to Jan
Smile

After being parked up for a winter snooze the last 3 months cleaned the snow off put the battery on tuned the key and first time fired up. Then drove from Hertfordshire to Portsmouth without missing a beat now waiting to get on the ferry to France. I have missed driving this car and tomorrow we are off to la Rochelle.
Gunnerhavesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 19:25   #9060
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Brilliant to see you back posting again Jack, I drove past your place the other day while avoiding the SIlverlink roadworks and considered popping in to see you.

Catch up with you soon

Brian
If both cars are there then I'm probably in, not long until Silverlink is done!