Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th September 2019, 20:47   #1
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts
Default New Rover 75

On Monday I get my new car. I always told my son that if he bought another car, I would buy it off him, and give him £100 more for it than he was offered for it in part exchange. Well, they offered him......nowt. Said it was more trouble than it was worth because they would only send it to the auctions. It is a 2.5 Connie SE. It did have nearly all the bells and whistles.My son sold the freezer bag in the boot for next to nothing when he bought it.It needs a new rear spring, that means two new springs. And a nearside wishbone. The timing belts will be done. Don’t know yet if I will do them myself but it could be an education rather than take it to Lates. I will see next year when I have got everything else done on it. Looks like a busy autumn and winter for me. My intention is to go over it with a fine tooth comb to see what it really needs, and put it on the road next year, when I can mothball the diesel so I can get that back to top condition.
Old 6th September 2019, 21:07   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Take it to Holland... Dare ya
Old 7th September 2019, 10:18   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

I could, but the mot is up on Monday. Got to get the tractor all serviced and tarted up, so no time for faffing about with it at the mo. It is used everyday. It’s done the same mileage near enough as the diesel, 105,000 miles. A couple of weeks back, some kind person scratched the nearside door, but he has managed to polish it out near enough.On a run up to Leeds, on cruise control, he gets 38/40 to the gallon, so it ain’t to bad is it. Can not wait to get twin exhaust on it to hear that beautiful song.
Old 7th September 2019, 12:38   #4
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

There is a real mixed bag of opinion on the 75 at present. Some dealers see the quality and the potential to be a premium cruiser. Others just can’t be bothered as you say.
Looking at ones for sale they range from £900 to £3000 with a few sheds at £200 to £500. A dealer has an immaculate 2.5V6 in gold and has just reduced it to £890. If the history is up to date that’s one hell of a nice car to own.
With VED at over £300 per year it is going to be a factor in desirability of these cars ongoing.
People still can’t believe how little I paid for my V6 but then they don’t think of the cost of fuel and VED.
Old 7th September 2019, 19:30   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

Probably the reason no exchange was offered is because he is buying a Q5 Audi from an Audi dealer. Says it all really.
Old 7th September 2019, 20:28   #6
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

You need to change your profile, so it includes the V6.

Then you can join the exclusive sector of the club, that has members with both the diesel and the V6.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 13:57   #7
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I was at a local car auction recently and a late tydy 75 V6 came through with lowish mileage. I was going to put a bid when to my surprise two dealers starting bidding on it and it eventually sold for just over £1k. Even as recently as last year similar car were struggling to get too £250.

There has been some articles in some Classic car mags so maybe more people are getting the message that these are good cars.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 19:57   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
You need to change your profile, so it includes the V6.

Then you can join the exclusive sector of the club, that has members with both the diesel and the V6.
Thanks for the reminder. I never gave it a thought. Will do that soon when I get it tomorrow. At the moment I am trying to think of a way to keep it covered. I have a large sheet that lorry drivers use to sheet their loads. I am thinking that I might get six posts higher than the car, and affix the sheet to them. I can easily remove it if I want to work on the car. That’s one idea anyway. We shall see.
Old 9th September 2019, 22:41   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Well The car is now on my front drive. There are a few things that want doing to it, but I have all the time in the world. Problem is, I have other irons in the fire that will always come first at the moment. Going to wait until the Nederland Trip is over before I really get down to work on it. I know one spring has gone on the rear, so that’s two rear springs to be fitted, but I will probably take the rear subframe off to have a look at the lot in one go, and replace anything that is needed.