Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th June 2019, 10:07   #11
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Although my ZT has the option for remote window operation
How does this work ? Can't say I've ever seen this operating. Do you mean closing all the windows & sunroof from the lock button on the key ? Cheers
Old 30th June 2019, 14:43   #12
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Sooner or later your TV remote will be smaller than your ignition key. Then you'll be done for phoning. I know what we need..... Alexa. Then we can get the dog to draw the curtains.
Old 30th June 2019, 16:34   #13
Pumpwater
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Firefrost Red

Mrs Pumpwater has a 2015 Skoda Fabia (1.4 three cyinder diesel), it is not a bad car but it beeps at me constantly. I am listening to the radio & when I put it into reverse the sound is muted (just when the news headlines are on!) it beeps and asks whether it is safe to move ...... of course it bl**dy well is, I wouldn't be doing it otherwise!

If it thinks I am too close to the car in front & that car is still moving it emits a piercing sound which nearly makes me leap out of the seat.

Also it is stop-start which cannot be permanently turned off (by me). I turn it off as soon as I sit in but occasionally I have forgotten to do it which wouldn't be a problem if it was a manual but it is DSG, so it starts again when I take my foot off the brake, I've had a couple of nasty moments when trying to join traffic at a road junction.

The car is also very noisy except at higher speeds & I can feel every bump in the road, the Rover is a joy to drive by comparison as it's quiet & smooth

The front & rear parking sensors are useful though
Old 30th June 2019, 17:24   #14
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
How does this work ? Can't say I've ever seen this operating. Do you mean closing all the windows & sunroof from the lock button on the key ? Cheers
Yeah, it's an option that can be enabled via a T4
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2019, 18:39   #15
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
Its called progress. Someone sits at a computer thinking how can I justify my existence, high salary, and job title. So they come up with some great idea to make things better that all their technophobe buddies think is the dogs. Then we are left with things like complex programming of car entertainment systems, computer programs etc etc. And don't get me on to the so called driving aids, hill start assist, auto hand brake, auto braking and parking. If you need these to drive you shouldn't be in charge of a moving vehicle

Keep it simple stupid just does not compute nowadays, its got to be complicated and or unnecessary to be cool.

Or am I just an old f%$£t now?
If you are - then you are certainly not in the minority and also in very good company.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote