Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th November 2018, 09:11   #11
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
So a bargain basement bastardised Renault is better than a bargain basement Chinese offering.......according to the motoring press

I'm sure you could draw a comparison somewhere, however the "MG" has about as much to do with quality motoring as a Leyland Atlantean has to do with modern public transport, similarly the Dacia.

I wouldn't have either given, not even if I were paid

Who in god's creation needs automatic emergency braking? I mean if you cannot anticipate or read the road ahead to the point where gimmicks like this are necessary to keep you and other road users from having a collision, then perhaps driving is not for you.
Have a look at the "Idiots On Wheels" offerings on YouTube and you'll see endless footage of Ladas and Dacias both old and new being involved in horrendous comings together with other vehicles and the occupants walking, well limping, away to the accompaniment of melodious cyrillic swearing. They seem perfectly suited to the Eastern European market at least.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 09:56   #12
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

Who in god's creation needs automatic emergency braking? I mean if you cannot anticipate or read the road ahead to the point where gimmicks like this are necessary to keep you and other road users from having a collision, then perhaps driving is not for you.
It's not so much not braking more when the time does come to use it in an emergency many don't apply full brake pressure. This came out after the 'runaway toyota' thing a couple of years ago.

When they analysed the data after accidents they found many simply didn't press the pedal hard enough and the accident could have been reduced in many or not happen at all.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 12:47   #13
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

The Lada Niva was actually a very under rated car

The thing I hate about the Duster is that the wheels look wrong (too small probably) and it looks cheap because of it, the Segway actually looks ok - that Logan estate thing is simply pig ugly

The MG ZS looks like it costs more than it does so that makes it a winner I suspect in terms of people who want a cheap new car.
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 12:53   #14
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

I've driven three different dacias and a couple of the newer mgs. I'd drive the Dacias over the MG any day of the week.

Dacias are underrated. MG's are only selling at all because people feel an affinity to the brand, badge aside theres nothing MG about them.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 13:54   #15
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
I've driven three different dacias and a couple of the newer mgs. I'd drive the Dacias over the MG any day of the week.

Dacias are underrated. MG's are only selling at all because people feel an affinity to the brand, badge aside theres nothing MG about them.

Yeah but if you parked the two of them together and said they were both the same price I known which one would have the most people around it. Most people who drive cars don't care which one is better to drive, they care more about how it looks on the drive

mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 14:00   #16
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Dacia v MG SUV's?

SUV's. Sports Utility Vehicles. What's sporty about them? And another thing. Electric cars. There not electric, they are battery! Just two of my modern motoring pet hates.
Old 26th November 2018, 17:25   #17
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Our MG drove into our Dacia yesterday, go figure that one.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 17:48   #18
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
That’s just not good enough. Why would people buy one now with that kind of service, courtesy car or not? I just don’t think MG is fully committed to the UK and it shows. My Father would be laughing in his grave right now after the service he got from Lada.
The most worrying problem with these cheap vehicles is SAFETY, they are not up to the standard required for a modern vehicle, so lets be careful out there, and for that reason I am out.!!
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 19:45   #19
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
The MG ZS is a nice car for the money and the interior is stylish too and of decent quality.
The downside at the minute is parts availability. There is one in at work awaiting repair with 400 mile on the clock with front end damage. It's been standing there for 6 weeks so far awaiting a front bumper, bonnet, wing and headlight amongst other small items and there is no date of arrival given by the manufacturer to when they will arrive in the country.
Luckily the customer is understanding and has a courtesy car whilst it's in.
Co worker has same issue. 9 weeks later he's having to drive it as the local dealer isn't about anymore.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 10:52   #20
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

I quite like the MG GS mostly because of it's ease to get in and out of.

Plus quite a few reviews are favourable now it's been out a while and the bonus for me it's an automatic as I can't operate a clutch anymore with my left leg/foot.

Plus I have being considering on changing my ZT-T for one as getting in and out is getting harder and harder being a low car.

I do like the Dacia Duster but they don't do an automatic so now good for me.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote