pm me before friday
russ
75v6russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 01:04   #22
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

More updates for those following. Havnt had a working phone with video for nearly three weeks after one broke and replacement was lost in post.

Big fight is next Saturday night and going to be an intense week ahead.

This update covers my two wonderful trips I've had to hospital along with overall progress.

Tickets purchased where posted today and those should be with you by Monday or Tuesday.

Remember to donate via www.justgiving.com/fundraising/colingeorgerobson if you want to help me get up past the £700 mark.

https://youtu.be/3hRyqyRZlFI
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 03:28   #23
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Additionally I thought I'd share some photos of how I've changed.

Quick update on my training.

In the last 6 weeks I've lost 3 inches off my stomach gut, my man boobs are gone and whilst not flat it's getting close to it.

Biggest part has been the flexibility of my back that Ryan Allister has been helping me with. He's known me a long time, has known I've had major issues from it and as the back has improved my motion and ability has also.

I credit him with motivating me with my food intake then balancing, always giving me advice when I'm struggling and also absolutely kicking my ass personal training wise.

I've not embarrassed saying that at the start of all this he don't think I was going to be able to do it, frankly neither did I but we worked as as a team and it's been beast mode every time.

The last session was no different and he stops me from going to far to point of injury when I'm wanting to go further beyond common sense and my abilities high on adrenaline and after my 5k run this morning lol.

I've felt also strong increase in my running around the 5k to 6.5k mark now be it training with the Mallusk Harriers twice a week, or on my own 3 times a week minimum and also my cardiovascular in general helping me survive the ultra MMA training with the pro trainers at IFS Belfast 3 times a week being amazing to work with and learning so much.

Obviously it all ties together and I've never felt better, maybe fittest in my life. And I'm still a unfit mess compared the beasts at the MMA group haha.

Note images with beard are before and after are without beard.

Today's weight 93.7kg. Officially out of xl clothing and down to large, I'm loose in size 38 jeans and OK in 36. I was 40 to 42 in April.

I am very proud of what I've achieved so far and target for my birthday 10k on 25th September but sadly my own goal of 90kg for my fight on 29th September has been a bit of a stretch.

Before is with beard. After last 7 weeks or so is without.

I finish work at 7.30 and will be straight down to him for my morning session and home, rest and onto evening session with dave who takes the mma classes.
Old 23rd September 2018, 21:02   #24
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Absolutely busted today. Really been trying to step it up. So hours training with Ryan this morning, just under two hours technique training at IFS this evening with Dave, and now I'm home and just came back from a 6k run. I had hoped for more this evening but its getting to dark to run safely now.

Just under 4 hours of exercise, training and cardio today. And I'm wrecked. Now a nice omelette and protein shake, sit down in front of TV and chill before bed.

Thanks again for all donations, just under £650 now and with a week to go I'd love to break £700.

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/colingeorgerobson

or you can text

CRMM48 £5.00 to 70070 and that goes directly to my just giving page also.

Thank you everyone, I'm really trying to do the best and not disappoint you with my commitment this Saturday.
Colin
Old 26th September 2018, 16:33   #25
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Well my 10k run after my birthday didn't go as planned.

Got into my 3rd lap down at the valley and my ribs where beginning to aches badly. Got to the pond on my 3rd lap (about the 7k mark) and I just had to stop as pain was making want to pass out.

Absolutely livid at myself as I wasn't out of breath or energy. So had to stop / start to finish the distance. Took me nearly an hour and 40 mins having to stop from pain and rest again.

Well at least I tried and I know I'm close to it in one run in the future.

Now to rest until Saturday before the big fight.

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/colingeorgerobson

Thank you as always for donations. Only £20 off £700 now. You have been amazing and supportive.

Colin
Old 28th September 2018, 00:44   #26
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Yes it's not a pretty sight but I'm a dam sight lighter than a few months ago, and what a redneck tan ffs.

Fight night is Saturday night from 5pm, this is me 100% committed. Every penny goes to Cancer research and text donations appear there also.

You can donate via text by sending CRMM48 £X.XX to 70070 or via my just giving page www.justgiving.com/fundraising/colingeorgerobson

God help me I'm gonna walk around my local village tomorrow evening looking like this to try and collect even more money!

There's another video on everything. So wish me luck folks.

https://youtu.be/e3sgMonqR-g
Old 28th September 2018, 22:13   #27
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

That's me folks. Going quiet until after my fight tomorrow evening. Phone will be off from 1pm.

For everyone attending please remember first fight is 5.30pm, I'd suggest being there from 4.30pm as they are gonna open the doors a bit early to get everyone sorted.

Don't forget the dress code and your tickets!!!!

I will be in the back until my fight is over. Get the time of my fight at 5pm so I will send you a message and let you all know.

Bar that, best of luck to my opponent Jonny and see you all tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for supporting me.

We broke £1000 tonight so thank everyone for the donation.

Colin
Old 29th September 2018, 07:23   #28
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Best of luck tonight mate. It's not theatre so I won't say to break a leg, in case that actually happens ... Well done on the fundraising and on sticking with the training. Don't forget to enjoy the experience!
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2018, 00:27   #29
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

That's me only just home. Hell of a long night ended up being the last fight so I'm sorry everyone who had to stand the whole night.

Me and Jonathan Harper had a great fight to a draw and to be honest I think it was fair, but another 10 seconds in the arm lock he would have had me in the 3rd round had the bell not went.

Great time, great people, fitness has been great and over £1100 raised thanks to everyone's donations. And it would pass £1200 by Monday. This made me the person who raised the most and I got a trophy from cancer research UK for it which nearly brought me to tears.

Thanks to Alastair Houldsworth for the photos to prove I did it haha.

Now onto the next challenge. Belfast half marathon September 2019.

Thank you Dave Hill Phil Campbell Oktawian Daniel Olejniczak for putting me through my paces at IFS 3 times a week and more. Thank you to Ryan Allister for working with me and my back for last 10 weeks to help me survive as there's not a mission I'd of done this with him working through my back issue and cracked ribs. Lol.

Finally thanks to all my loved ones who have had to out up with my NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- for the last 8 weeks or so over this =(
Old 30th September 2018, 03:37   #30
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

https://youtu.be/i9KFGZkyw78

Talking rubbish before the match with few of the guys and a more serious note towards the end.