Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th February 2018, 23:39   #11
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by championdaddy View Post
I had the same with mine......but only on the auto.......

If you resumed the speed after slowing........it would rev the bejesus out of the engine to get back up to speed as fast as possible.

Once back to the set speed.....it was perfect again.

But as I said......Only on the auto where it could change the gears itself.
Not a problem if you are doing 60 in top, and you press to resume your previous 70. But if, as I once did, in a manual Accord, you were previously doing 80, and you press resume at 40 in 3rd, as you exit the roadworks ... scary - until you realise what you have done, and tap the brakes!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 08:41   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I don't really see the point of cruise control, might be ok in the USA. Never had cruise until I bought Redfive, Ian had fitted by Phil T4. Used it twice but felt that I had no proper control over the car. I shall not be using it again.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 08:48   #13
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Each to their own preferences I guess,

I find it both useful and relaxing for motorway cruising and also useful for clearer minor roads including 30mph limit zones to ensure that I don't have to keep my eyes flitting back and fore from the road to the speedo all the time in order to save a speeding ticket.

I don't think that I'd buy a car without it now.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 11:31   #14
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I don't really see the point of cruise control, might be ok in the USA. Never had cruise until I bought Redfive, Ian had fitted by Phil T4. Used it twice but felt that I had no proper control over the car. I shall not be using it again.
Same here, don't see point of CC in UK roads, with a 70mph speed limit, our motorways are too congested to be of real use, and like you don't feel in full control. Another thing to go wrong.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 11:48   #15
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Each to their own - I use it alot and find it a far more relaxing way to drive, especially long distance.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 22:30   #16
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstevens98 View Post
I was driving this evening and used cruise control as I was on a long steady road at 50mph had no issues and after a while I had to brake which disengages the cruise control. About 15 minutes later I put it back on at 30mph the car instantly accelerated but went past 30mph so I clicked off the cruise control button on the steering wheel. I tried it again some minutes later and the same issue so I switched it off again but the engine kept on revving. Luckily it wasn’t busy I had to brake hard while the engine was still revving by itself and had to pull over and go straight into park and handbrake on while the car was still moving. I switched the engine off and left for a few minutes and started the car again and it revved very hard again so I killed the engine again. I then turned the key to the second key control and pressed the cruise control button on the dash several times on and off. Then started the engine and all okay so I could travel home. Just not sure what could have caused this and don’t want to use the cruise again just in case any ideas? If it makes an difference I’m running a 99 75 2.5 v6 auto
Its sticking throttle in cold weather. Clean it all up, cover in petrol jelly and your sorted. Annual clean before the ice and cold. Same thing as old school ice carbing.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote