Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th May 2007, 07:45   #1
Colin Crossley

MG ZT

Question "revving" noise from aircon

Recently I have noticed that when the a/c is on (auto), there is an increased sound when accelerating or decelerating in low gears. The noise "follows" the revs of the engine. As soon as the a/c is switched off (econ) it stops. I've checked the fan and it seems to be OK, and the a/c seems to be chilling the car and clearing the screen OK.

Anybody any thoughts on this please.
Colin Crossley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 14:10   #2
myjess
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT

I posted the exact same here or the other forum a whie back. I thought it was the A/C clutch or the bearing or sime such. Others think it is a fan. I am still going with clutch cos you can hear it clicking in and out. What you could try is to gently pulse rev the engine. Wait for the A/C to be coling properly. Switch off the A/C and listen for the noise to disappear, then switch the A/C back on again. The A/C may not engage exactly at that moment becuase it is still cool enough, but when it does and the A/C compressors clutch drops, then maybe the noise wil immediatley come back, and then proof that it is the compressor's clutch?
myjess is offline   Reply With Quote