Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th May 2007, 20:14   #1
Fraser Mitchell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Club Auto

Default V6 Exhaust Camshaft Seals

Did the problem of these seals blowing out ever get sorted out ?

I looked at mine and they look OK with no obvious oil seepage. As I posted before, a retention bracket would be possible using the two cam-cover gasket bolts nearby.
Fraser Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 20:30   #2
MartinW

MG TF LE500

Fraser

I was talking to a friend recently that is in the trade, and he visited Xpart - he was told that with the closure of the factory, and the subsequent knock on effect of the smaller suppliers, a lot of parts had to be reverse engineeringed as drawings were not accessible at the time being in the hands of the receivers. Consequently, the possibility for error in measurements and selection of the correct grade of material would be endless in something perceived to be as simple as these plugs!

Since my second incident at Easter, there's been no further problem with these and that's with a further 1500 miles on. I found my lost one on the drip tray (when it was still fitted before the clutch incident) so I now carry this as a spare to get me home should the need arise!

I shall monitor it closely, but like you, no signs of leakage now (except for coolant from the corroded pipe under the rad, and clutch fluid a few weeks ago!). However, I shall keep your idea in mind - thanks for the help.
MartinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 20:52   #3
Fraser Mitchell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Club Auto

Martin

I actually started drawing out a design, but have not done the measurements yet; (laziness I suppose !). The presence of the two cam cover bolts near the seal means a fixing is easy to acheive - no drilling needed anywhere. A bit of 1/8 aluminium suitably formed-up would do the trick. It's like all these things, I shall only 'get round tuit' when the damn thing pops out !
Fraser Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote