Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th January 2024, 13:47   #21
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

There is so much more to this debacle, I doubt we will ever know the truth.

Part of the problem, and it is prevalent throughout business, is the appointment of unqualified or otherwise unskilled friends and relatives being awarded grandiose placement into positions that give them supposed social position and status.

The meaningless gong will now be returned and the individual will retire from business to a rather quieter life more suitable to their talents. They leave behind suicides, impoverishment and undeserved disgrace. Who pays? The rest of us do in our already outrageous taxes. The interminable lawyers fees will buy many a small country.
Old 9th January 2024, 14:29   #22
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
There is so much more to this debacle, I doubt we will ever know the truth.

Part of the problem, and it is prevalent throughout business, is the appointment of unqualified or otherwise unskilled friends and relatives being awarded grandiose placement into positions that give them supposed social position and status.

The meaningless gong will now be returned and the individual will retire from business to a rather quieter life more suitable to their talents. They leave behind suicides, impoverishment and undeserved disgrace. Who pays? The rest of us do in our already outrageous taxes. The interminable lawyers fees will buy many a small country.
As far as I'm aware Ray, the witch is still coining it in with a NHS Trust. Sinecure's have always been the remit of Kings, Queens, Government or Quango's. Difference is there is a hell of a lot more since WW2.
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2024, 14:38   #23
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
The PO's main thrust was that "you're the only one" but there was, and maybe still is, a Federation of Sub Postmasters. They should have been collecting complaints and circulating, BUT here's the rub, the Fed was entirely in the pockets of the PO and were not remotely independent. If they had been doing their job then surely this would have been quickly nipped in the bud years before it got out of hand?

I see the press are all for removing her CBE! That's an irrelevant bauble: we want to see her in the dock and then in an appropriate place. Together with her predecessor Adam Crozier, another overpaid CEO, who was probably instrumental in starting this mayhem. And pops up on all sorts of other PLCs.

Can't wait for The Revolution . . .
Spot on. The Fed rep in one of the series is shown going into Fujitsu and seeing the "covert" staff altering the figures. He then found himself being one of the "found to have shortfalls" and thus eliminated from any Federation action. I don't know under what articles the Federation was formed but it sounds like they should have appointed a full time officer who was not a Sub-postmaster.

Totally agree that there should be criminal charges brought against quite a few who work for the Post Office and Fujitsu. In America (and once upon a time in England) this behaviour would have been called conspiracy to defraud.
Kev
Old 9th January 2024, 17:05   #24
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Paula Vennells has announced she is handling her CBE back with immediate effect.
If she had a moral compass she would have given it back long ago without any prompting.
It speaks volumes about the woman's true character.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2024, 18:25   #25
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Alan Bates deserves a CBE?

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/awards-...content/103372

What prompted ITV to make the documentary, it deserves recognition and encouragement to make more such dramas.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2024, 19:10   #26
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
If she had a moral compass she would have given it back long ago without any prompting.
It speaks volumes about the woman's true character.
The days of the sign on the desk reading "The buck stops here" are long gone. The obscene amounts of money doled out to 'skilled' executives these days are more than enough to crush integrity even if it existed in the individual in the first place.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2024, 00:04   #27
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

We just watched the whole run of programmes. Very powerful television & who knew that Paula Vennels is a C of E priest. That's how much industry Mammon is paid these days. Enough that a consecrated person of the cloth can feel comfortable enough to deny knowledge of such wrongdoing being inflicted in their charge. I didn't know they could hold such powerful jobs beside their 'calling'.
I find it fairly appalling and l'm not even religious.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2024, 01:39   #28
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
As far as I'm aware Ray, the witch is still coining it in with a NHS Trust. Sinecure's have always been the remit of Kings, Queens, Government or Quango's. Difference is there is a hell of a lot more since WW2.
Kev[/QUOTE
]

Hi Kevin.
Check her out properly she had her fingers in a lot of pies, Morrisons, Dunelm, NHS, Church, post office, all of which i think she as resigned from now because of this miscarriage of justice, brought on by her incompetence and those working below her for the post office, i also see that lib dem leader Ed Davey, is trying to distance his self from this outrage.

There will be other setting out their stalls now on how to get out of this, which have not even come into the limelight yet.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2024, 11:21   #29
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
We just watched the whole run of programmes. Very powerful television & who knew that Paula Vennels is a C of E priest. That's how much industry Mammon is paid these days. Enough that a consecrated person of the cloth can feel comfortable enough to deny knowledge of such wrongdoing being inflicted in their charge. I didn't know they could hold such powerful jobs beside their 'calling'.
I find it fairly appalling and l'm not even religious.
So much for Christian ethics and values but was she not a "Lay-Preacher?"
Kev
Old 10th January 2024, 11:25   #30
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

[QUOTE=Arctic;2986633]
Quote:
]

Hi Kevin.
Check her out properly she had her fingers in a lot of pies, Morrisons, Dunelm, NHS, Church, post office, all of which i think she as resigned from now because of this miscarriage of justice, brought on by her incompetence and those working below her for the post office, i also see that lib dem leader Ed Davey, is trying to distance his self from this outrage.

There will be other setting out their stalls now on how to get out of this, which have not even come into the limelight yet.
Glad to hear she has "left" the NHS Artic but with the enhanced pay-out (both pension and leaving handshake) from the PO (and probably others from that list) she is certainly not wondering if the State Pension needs to be upped. :-)
Kev